One of the best concerts ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
East Rutherford, March 18th 1992

ZooTV's first leg was amazing in every aspect because it wasn't so robotic as the other legs, there was some of Lovetown improvisation in there, despite the static setlists.

This show is the best proof of that. Probably my favorite bootleg. My favorite version of With or Without You outside Rattle and Hum (which is saying much) and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Extended solos (mostly improvised by The Edge - Mysterious Ways, Bullet the Blue Sky, Even Better Than the Real Thing all sound different than the later versions), altogether a breathtaking performance. Couple of fuck-ups here and there (Desire), but that only adds to the charm.

Highly recommended. U2start has it.

This is a great early show from Zoo TV, its just a pity the sound quality isn't a little better, but yeah it has great versions of WOWY, MW and a pretty emotive version of Bad. Bono was in great voice that night, sounding somewhat higher and younger, he manages to recapture that soaring quality he had in his mid twenties.

Other underated concerts/bootlegs from this time include:

Milan 92: The audience participation is wild, even on the brand new stuff and I think they really inspire the band and Bono in particular to push themselves further.

Manchester 92: The final show of the second leg. After doing the renditions of Fly, EBTTRT, One plus Lou Reed joins them on stage for Satelite Of Love.

Lyon 92: My favourite of the three nights in France, sound qualities not as good as either Paris or Gent but the band are awesome. Bono's voice is explosive, putting on excellent performances of Fly, MW, Angel of Harlem, Bad and Pride.

Last edited:
Bono's voice iwas much stronger here than in 1993, it's more spontaneous than on the other legs, better versions of majority of the songs, so why people say that Zoo TV was at it's peak in 93

That show is great, other good 92 shows?

1992-02-29 - Lakeland
1992-06-15 - East Rutherford
1992-08-16 - WC
1992-08-30 - New York - Outside broadcast

U2lunatic said:
so why people say that Zoo TV was at it's peak in 93

songs were better , band was in top shape , better costumes , stage design ,

Ultraviolet < Lemon
Desire < Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Bad<Dirty Day

WinnieThePoo said:

songs were better , band was in top shape , better costumes , stage design ,

Ultraviolet < Lemon
Desire < Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Bad<Dirty Day

Well I must say I like the 92 shows much more. Bono's voice was so much better and stronger.

There is only one show from 93 I listen to and that is 1993 Dublin.

The indoor Zoo TV shows were great because it was Zoo TV before it became the same thing night after night and overly scripted. There were some true moments of improvisation and madness during those early indoor Zoo TV shows. I love these shows.

Peterrrrr said:

Well I must say I like the 92 shows much more. Bono's voice was so much better and stronger.

There is only one show from 93 I listen to and that is 1993 Dublin.

voice , yes , but songs , instrumental parts , still better in 93

I dont think so, for example on Sydney DVD they all seem to me tired and especially bono

I guess he's referring to it musically. (That said, Bono looked rather out of shape in that concert, at least for a fellow that made a living out of jumping around).

The 'tired' issue doesn't stand for the other members, I don't think. Edge was still tearing shit up in '93. Up and down over both years, I think.

Back
Top Bottom