One needs to be played with an orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Listening to/watching the 1995 Modena Pavarotti & Friends ( :drool: ) and the Special Olympics performances of One with an orchestra, it's clear that the orchestral arrangement brings out something that's been lacking for a while. Especially the Modena performance---so dark, so deep. :drool:

I know some have said that the song should be dropped altogether. I agree that it could use a rest now and then, but I don't think it should be entirely forgotten about. It just needs....something. That something is clear in a performance like Modena's One.

Yeah, it's not at all feasible to carry around an orchestra on tour just for one song. But to see it done right live-----:combust:

an all-orchestra inclusive encore of:

All I Want is You
Original of the Species
Miss Sarajevo
One

:drool:

The '95 version of One gives me chills on my spine every single time.

Haha...looks like I made a similar comment in there, too. :lol:

Chizip said:

The possibilities are amazing

Absolutely. I could see them doing it for an encore set. I could also (unfortunately) see them doing it as an old-geezer tour 10 years from now: limited engagements, sky-high ticket prices, almost like a farewell tour.

But in their prime (or near-prime) like now....:drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

The '95 version of One gives me chills on my spine every single time.

It was the first downloaded song that really sold me on the idea of ripping at 320kbps.

What One needs is , to be played again with

PDVD_112.jpg

or

PDVD_138.jpg

I have never understood why on earth they never end All I Want Is You with the strings section :(

I think that's the main reason why every single version of All I Want is You (outside Lovetown Tour) is nowhere near studio one.

With the strings (even with taped strings) it would be a glorious finale: the band leaving the stage as the lights go down and strings sound over PA :heart:

I'd like something other than the constant chasing of the studio version they always do live, right down to the synthy intro.

Acoustic :up:

I like Modena's orchestra, but the vocals are horrible. My favourite non-band version is Bono and Daniel Lanois at the White house 1999.

I'd like it to be given a rest for a while.
I'm also not a fan of anyone else being on stage with U2, I like it to be kept simple with just the 4 of them. It only worked well during the lovetown tour with BB, but I wouldn't like it to become a regular thing. However, i have always wanted All I Want is You to include the strings, so maybe they could occasionally close the show with an orchetra version of All i want is you and One and as the orchestra are there, why not The Unforgettable Fire too!

its strange, but when i read some reviews of the aus shows, and some of them even say pride and one are HIGH points in the show :|

just shows really, how spoilt we really are when it comes to live shows

KUEFC09U2 said:
its strange, but when i read some reviews of the aus shows, and some of them even say pride and one are HIGH points in the show :|

just shows really, how spoilt we really are when it comes to live shows

I've seen a lot of your comments recently and I just wonder why you even bother look at these boards at all, when even the tiniest bit of critisism is aimed at the band you get upset and automatically defend them.

I'm not talking about that comment, I'm just talking about you comments in general

If all you do is get upset when you read these boards your better off going to another site you might be a bit happier

jimjam said:

I've seen a lot of your comments recently and I just wonder why you even bother look at these boards at all, when even the tiniest bit of critisism is aimed at the band you get upset and automatically defend them.

I'm not talking about that comment, I'm just talking about you comments in general

If all you do is get upset when you read these boards your better off going to another site you might be a bit happier

i don't see any proof that he was upset at all in his post, he was just taking an opposing argument. and maybe does always look at the "glass half full" side of things. telling him to leave because of that is completely innappropriate.

Back
Top Bottom