One - Extra Live Verse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Does anyone know why U2 doesn't typically play the extra verse to One ('You hear me/us coming Lord ... Will you make me/us crawl?') any more except on special occasions? It makes me sad to here some beautiful renditions of One without the extra verse... it just sounds incomplete. :(

That verse would have made U2 3D absolutely perfect for me. :drool:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
The same reason WOWY lost it's ending verses :shrug:

Shine like Stars was great, too... honestly, I can't listen to WOWY without it.

I so love both of these endings and also agree the songs feel incomplete without them.
I really hadn't heard whether they did it or not in U23D, and was hoping for one or the other when I saw it..
only to be dissappointed. :(

I just listened to One from a new Vertigo Tour concert bootleg that I downloaded (3rd led, Boston 4 Dec 05)...

Much to my surprise, I heard that extra verse! :drool:

I'm glad the two concerts I went to had the extra verse, because that song is almost meaningless to me now without it.

WOWY also needs Shines like stars now...like black coffee and nicotine, or something cheesy like that.

Yep that extra verse really makes the song end great, they did do it during the vertigo tour but not every time though.

Does anyone ever heard the Zoo Tv East Rutherford version of One? The end is amazing. Bono's singing lyrics I never heard before. It's on youtube.:drool:

bono_212 said:
I'm glad the two concerts I went to had the extra verse, because that song is almost meaningless to me now without it.
Yeah, the extra verse is the best part of the song usually. I'm not a big fan of One after Popmart. During Zoo Tv and Popmart, it was great.

Vlaco said:
Does anyone ever heard the Zoo Tv East Rutherford version of One? The end is amazing. Bono's singing lyrics I never heard before. It's on youtube.:drool:

Sounds similar to the version from what I remember is a bootleg called Rubberball and Liquor from I think Atlanta.

adb280z said:

Sounds similar to the version from what I remember is a bootleg called Rubberball and Liquor from I think Atlanta.
Thanx, I discovered this gig, (East Rutherford), one week ago or something. Wild Horses for example is amazing. But I didn't hear that extra verse at the end of One before. It's even better than ''Do you hear us coming Lord....'' to me.

digitize said:
Does anyone know why U2 doesn't typically play the extra verse to One ('You hear me/us coming Lord ... Will you make me/us crawl?') any more except on special occasions? It makes me sad to here some beautiful renditions of One without the extra verse... it just sounds incomplete. :(

That verse would have made U2 3D absolutely perfect for me. :drool:

Because the "U2 3D" version is a tired version of "One", the kind of standard singalong thing, sadly the tune has developed into. It has lost its original punch & energy.
The same fate hit "With Or Without You", which is a shadow now of its former glory, too.
Hopefully U2 do dind a new approach towards these classics or they finally learn to play these tunes only from time to time and switch them.
Now, I know, many here want these songs always in the set – but then you don't need to complain why these songs slowly die. U2 concerts might reach the stars with or without these tunes:wave:

Back
Top Bottom