One/All I Want Is You/Bad from Irving Plaza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
How beautiful is that? That combo is my latest addiction, after two weeks of E-Storm non-stop...E-Storm, the soundtrack of one of the darkest periods of my entire life...the song became too painful for me...so as I?m used to do, I looked for another U2 song to comfort me...or songs...and I re-encountered my Irving Plaza boot. And it was U2 and their marvellous music, their soul, their heart, rescueing me again, and one more time.

Pay attention to those three songs...they are so beautifully performed...forget about Bono messing up with the lyrics of Bad or All I want Is You, just feel his emotion...pay attention to that little bit of Walk On in the end of One, what a promise was that little bit...pay attention to Edge?s marvellous guitar during All I Want Is You...listen to the songs over and over again and you might feel what I?m feeling. Or you will think I?m crazy...oh well, I am indeed. I am crazy about U2 ;)

Last edited:
I TOTALLY WENT THRO THE SAME THING! I listened to that boot nonstop for like 2 weeks now Im on the Dub NYE show, I cant stop listening to WTSHNN, ISHFWIL, BAD, RTSS, from that show! :up:

Dublin New Years Eve 1989...that is another great, great concert adamswildhoney, really, so many memorable performances I can?t even count...I can imagine what it should have been to be there...as well as at Irving Plaza. U2 is such an outstanding live band.

Those 3 songs, the way they were played at Irving Plaza...One/All I Want Is You/Bad...they have been really important for me these days.

:up:

I love both of these shows, i guess "my" lethal (in a good way, of course) combo would be

Pride/I still haven't found.../All i want is you trio from Sarajevo show. It's just heart-shattering to hear Bono struggle to give his best - and the Stand by me part gets me choked every time!

This is so weird!!

After lying dormant in my CD case for several months, I put in the NYE show from Dublin City 1989 this morning on my way to work.

It has to be my favorite live show of all time. If I had been there, I would have died from happiness.

:love: :love:

oktobergirl said:

After lying dormant in my CD case for several months, I put in the NYE show from Dublin City 1989 this morning on my way to work.

That is a great one! I go back and forth between that one and the Dec 26th (X-mas at the Point Depot) show as favorite Lovetown boots. All I Want is You is just sooooo beautiful from the X-mas show!

:hug: follower:hug:
I hope things are better for you. You know where to find me if you feel like talking.

I :heart: the Irving show! 11 o'clock gets me every time.
Right now my staple cd is the one I made right after ES debuted on the net;
Electrical Storm-Single Version
Children Of The Revolution
Lemon
Satellite of Love (One single)
Staring At The Sun

The trio of "MLK," "One Tree Hill," and "Gloria" from the New Year's Eve/Day show in Dublin is purty damn cool to me.

Or "Mysterious Ways" (with a snippet of "My Sweet Lord"...that Bono quote about writing songs about girls or God and getting them mixed up is certainly apt), "One," and a couple lines from "MLK" at Tel Aviv.

wb follower

you know I don't d/l much, even less back then.
So it was with great excitemnt I set up the tape deck when our National radio station Triple J announced they would play the Irving Plaza performance on their "Live At The Wireless" show. I have it on cassette.Treasure.
It surely was a joyous sound when the man came on the radio. I hadn't really heard live U2 since Popmart in Brisbane. I deeply apprecaite the live shows some of you have sent.... but yes that concert to emerge,those sounds,those songs...a beautiful day to remember.:hug:

Are you crazy about U2? I must be too, cause people have noticed. I hadn't been to the 2nd hand music store for ages. I appeared in the doorway yesterday, the owner says I have something for you , out the back. He had kept me a U2 rattle and hum jacket patch, huge thing, brand new. Someone had brought in ages ago and he'd kept it all that time awww., Not sure I'll use it, but so thoughtful of him. I bought another RS Feb 93 edition from him too, even though I have it already. He sells them for $2 and Bono looks so good on the cover and there is a great Neil Young article and B&w photo special in the back, just couldn't leave it there...do you have it? do you want it? it is a spare.

I wish i could make short posts
maybe I better go confess that over at the ZooC....bye:D

LOL popkid...I certainly had no intention to somehow spoil your well deserved sleep when I posted about my latest addiction...but I have a feeling you?re not exactly upset with me, are you? ;) Btw, Mysterious Ways from Irving Plaza is everything you said and more...

You know...sometimes I think I?m led to really "listen" to some specific songs and performances. When that happens that single song or performance takes another perspective to me, another different meaning...and I sort of build a new bond with that song, something that will last forever. I feel grateful because that usually happen when I?m in need of some comfort, believe me or not. That?s what I tried to convey with my silly first post. I?m glad some of you appreciated it.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom