ONE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ace Rimmer

The Fly
Today as you all probably know, us here in England and the rest of Europe held a 3 minute silence for all the people who have died in the tragedy..

Anyway after the 3 minutes my local radio station in England played 3 songs, Angels by Robbie williams, Everybody hurts by REM and..

ONE by U2, I have heard lots of versions of this song and thought nothing could move me like the Zooropa live versions, This was the studio version but in between Bonos singing were people talking about the disaster, Survivors, relatives of the missing, and George bush among others, Bonos voice coming in and out between tales of terror, hope and adversity was the most moving thing I have ever heard, I love this song anyway, but listning to it under the circumstances and with the addedd dialogue was very very moving..It was like time stood still for the whole of the song.....

Were One but were not the same...we get to carry each other...............

Sean,

I heard One today as well...so bloody moving and also beautifully comforting...as was Everybody Hurts which was the first song to be played after the minutes silence

Let me see. If I had a 3-song set to show my support and sympathy for the U.S. I would definitely pick U2 and Rem but ROBBIE WILLIAMS!? Since when does Robbie Williams have songs that come anywhere close to those two bands. Angels is fun but its nowhere near the power of U2 and REM I mean come on!!

Originally posted by socalu2fan:
Let me see. If I had a 3-song set to show my support and sympathy for the U.S. I would definitely pick U2 and Rem but ROBBIE WILLIAMS!? Since when does Robbie Williams have songs that come anywhere close to those two bands. Angels is fun but its nowhere near the power of U2 and REM I mean come on!!

I tend to agree socalu2fan, But this was a local radio station that usually has worse music taste than MTV, So 2 out of 3 aint bad
smile.gif

I was just glad to hear something other than Samantha bloody Mumba..

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

I was in lesson but I wish I had heard it.I'm lighting a candle at midnight tonight.Americans are lighting candles at 7pm EST (that is midnight here in England) as respect to those who have died.I am lighting a candle in the back garden or maybe the front depending on where is driest.

Back
Top Bottom