Once I just couldn`t listen to this U2 record.But now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Maaaaaaan

The Fly
Is there any U2 record you once just couldn`t listen to and now it`s one of your favorite albums???

I just hated Pop after I bought it.

I was hating most of the songs. Especially Miami, Last night on Earth and Mofo.

One year later I just started to listen to it again and what can I tell you, I just love all of the songs now.

I love Miami because of the great lyrics and the humor.
I love the way Bono works up the death of his mother in MOFO.

And Last Night on Earth ROCKS. :dance:

:heart:

Last edited:
A Maaaaaaan said:
Is there any U2 record you once just couldn`t listen to and now it`s one of your favorite albums?

I just started this thread because of this question, but not to begin this boring discussion again.:no:

" OK Edge play the Blues!":D

Last edited:
Unforgettable Fire : i really disliked the album for awhile , now except few last tracks , i love it .

:up: :up: :up:

p.s. GypsyheartGirl does not understand the main theme of the thread , her post must be corrected .

OMG, I am having a HUGE POP phase right now, when the first few times I played it I was wondering what the hell they were thinking!!! I also have found new love for Miami...I back up my CD just so I can scream it in my car. All together now...

MIAMI!!!

I love it!!!!

Then I proceed on to "If You Wear That Velvet Dress..." :drool: I turn it waaaay up so I can hear ever seductive word and the bass rumbles in my car and the other drivers on the road/in the parking lot/in the drive through line look at me funny. A big shout-out to The Playboy Mansion and Last Night on Earth. And, of course, RIP our dear-departed BOOM-CHAs.

Speaking of The Playboy Mansion...didn't Michael Jackson name his last album History? Does anyone else wonder if that's another battle in the Jacko/U2 war (heh...) that's been going on since, like, Zoo TV?

Nice thread :)

I had a hard time getting into October the first few times I heard it. It just didn't click with me. But I picked it up a few months ago and just fell in love with it. It's still not my favorite album, but it has some absolutely gorgeous songs on there. Gloria, I Threw a Brick, Tomorrow ( :sad: ), Rejoice, Scarlet...just really beautiful music. :)

And Gypsy...maybe he wasn't trying to start a fight. Maybe he just thought it would be fun to find out if others had similar expriences with growing to love an album they once hated. Not every thread expressing love for POP is a challenge to those who don't like it.

*edited cause evidently I did *not* take the grammar-mobile to school today...

Last edited:
Re: Nice thread :)

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I had a hard time getting into October

Yes!:yes:

Maybe it has also something to do with the album cover.

Well ......:ohmy: .................. nice jacket Adam.

:D

Last edited:
:hmm: Had to think about that one a minute...I would have to say October. When I first bought it I think I only listened to two or three songs, then I sort of moved on to other U2 albums. It wasn't that I DISLIKED October, per se, but I wasn't in any hurry to get into it, I guess.

In the last couple years, I've really grown to love this album. So many great songs there that have been overlooked!

This thread may be joined with unamed_street's 'what a fantatic album-so underrated!' thread and others. We can read over and over how much Wertsie gushes over it, gypsy and J don't, and pinkfloyd uses it as a chance to diss ATYCLB which bring in the ATYCLB lovers, et al, ad infinitum or whatever, this topic has been discussed to death already. OLD :down: Any new ideas anyone? Any new albums anyone feels strongly about? I don't know whether to :yawn: or :laugh: or :sad: or :scream: or :banghead:

Yeah that's it :banghead:

We really need one for 'broken record'

Desire4Bono said:

:confused: I don't think this was intended to be an "I :heart: POP" thread. There are only two posts here that even have anything to do with POP.

Lighten up!

My bad...Looks like there are three! (and four if you count this one. :lol: )

Last edited:
Desire4Bono said:
This thread may be joined with unamed_street's 'what a fantatic album-so underrated!' thread and others. We can read over and over how much Wertsie gushes over it, gypsy and J don't, and pinkfloyd uses it as a chance to diss ATYCLB which bring in the ATYCLB lovers, et al, ad infinitum or whatever, this topic has been discussed to death already. OLD :down: Any new ideas anyone? Any new albums anyone feels strongly about? I don't know whether to :yawn: or :laugh: or :sad: or :scream: or :banghead:

Yeah that's it :banghead:

I really don't think A Maaaaaan's post was meant start a POP discussion. It's meant to start one about growing to love an album that you once hated (Is it me or did I already say this?). Just because for him that album was POP doesn't mean he wanted to make this thread a celebration JUST of POP. This could be a really nice, positive thread. Can we pleeeaaasse let it be that way? :)

I second Hallulujah's sentament. Get a life ppl. We are aloowed to talk about Pop.

Well for me its October and Pop. October has grown only a bit but Pop alot. I bet there will be alot of posts about Pop because it is a grower. Most ppl dont listen to pop the first time and love it. You have got to get into the lyrics and the dark mood of the album. My favs on pop are wake up dead man and IGWSHA. I love to listen to the alblum when i'm alone and depressed.

And to the two ppl who are bitching about this being a pop thread you're the ones making it into it.

Good question

For me it was The Unforgettable Fire. Not so much that I couldn't get into it, but I was very wrapped up in Achtung Baby at first, which spread to TJT & Pop.. so I think I bought TUF but never really listened to it. Now, I can't let it go. It's an album I constantly retreat to. :heart: :heart: :heart: :scratch: perhaps the correct response is War, though, since it's the one I least listen to..

:shrug: :dance:

GypsyHeartgirl said:
looks like someone wants a fight to start. Okay I'll say it, Pop sucks and it sucks just as much now as it ever did. I still hate it:D

Not sure what that has to do with the topic of this thread, but ok... :eyebrow:

Took me a little while to get into Zooropa I suppose. I liked Stay and Lemon a lot at first, but songs like Babyface, Numb, and Dirty Day took a while for me to get into. I still don't really like The Wanderer or Daddy's Gonna Pay..., but I'm kinda coming around to those.

Re: Re: Re: Nice thread :)

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

LMAO. Yes. The jacket and the...umm...hair. :silent: :laugh:

oh come on twin, you know you love the fro :D

mine would have to beeee Boy. I listened to it ONCE and then never again, for about three months :no:
Lots of times it takes a really kickass live version to get me into an album/band/song/whtaever

oh and I also HATED JT when I first borrowed it from someone, except the first four songs, three of which were on my best of... I bought it for posterity's sake and it collected dust for a very, very, very long time.

Last edited:
GypsyHeartgirl said:
looks like someone wants a fight to start. Okay I'll say it, Pop sucks and it sucks just as much now as it ever did. I still hate it:D

as a mother do you not teach your children not to go OUT OF THEIR WAY TO START FIGHTS?

your a real brainiac.

what about those that swing both ways? acdc's?

Interesting topic for discussion. :up: And I said discussion, not fight over this or that album. Please?

I had no problems with Pop, first song I listened was The Playboy Mansion, not the best in the album IMO, still I liked it. When I heard Gone, SATS and Velvet Dress I fell in love with it.

With that said I must confess that my least favourite, talking about first listening, was Rattle and Hum. I really felt it was kinda messy, I mean, live songs and studio songs altogether...sounded weird for me. But there is a happy end. That was my grower and I love it nowadays.

:)

Re: Re: Once I just couldn`t listen to this U2 record.But now...

Tip Top Prince said:
Nope, never.

Why of course not! U2 are perfect and never do anything wrong! :angel:

The only question is, which one do you love even more than you loved it before, and that would have to be UF! Every time I hear it I only hear more artistry!

Re: Re: Re: Once I just couldn`t listen to this U2 record.But now...

U2Kitten said:

Why of course not! U2 are perfect and never do anything wrong! :angel:
How true. :)

The only question is, which one do you love even more than you loved it before, and that would have to be UF! Every time I hear it I only hear more artistry!
Seeing as how you asked me directly, I'll answer you directly.

The album that grew on me the most, after the initial 'getting to know you' period is Zooropa.

To illustrate how/why, refer to the last word in "The First Time" - yeah (after the falsetto). I never really HEARD him sing it until a while after. That's just an example of what I found, a while after I had this record.

The problem (for me) with Zooropa, was that is came out not long before I was to see them live, and it almost got swept away in the tour, my first bootleg purchases, reliving AB songs from different perspectives after seeing/hearing them live... etc. So not a reflection on the album itself, but a reflection of the times.

How's that?

Zooropa...I really didn't like it at first....I think I was in my "Grunge rules, music has to be sad to mean something" phase. So I really didn't listen to it for a number of years....then about last year I picked it up again and listened to it almost non stop for about three months.

October! When I first got into U2(thanks to the amazing work that is POP!!!!!!!!!;) ) I lent October off a mate, and I thought it was shite, admittedly with 1 listen.
A year or so later bought it on the cheap as it was the only main U2 album I didn't own, and WOWOWOWOW! First listen, BANG! Maybe I had grown to appreciate or understand U2's music more, or good music more, at this stage, I dunno, but I love it and for the hell of me can't understand the dramatic change of opinion! Did he lend me a Westlife CD first time round or something?!?!:huh:

If anybody out there can remember my thread about October when I first bought it, something like "Jaysus Mary and Joseph, October ROOOOOOOOOCKS!!!" was the title of the thread, it had a big impact on me:)

GypsyHeartgirl said:

Gypsy,

You are but one of thousands of members of Interference. Remember that.

Because you don't like POP is NO reason whatsoever to forbid others from saying they love it.

You have some serious paranoia issues if you really think this ENTIRE message board targets you at the mere mention of POP. If you don't like POP, DON'T post in threads about it. You're a grown woman, let's behave like one and stop thinking everyone is out to get you. I am sick of perfectly innocent POP praise threads getting ruined by ONE person - you.

Deal with it. Move on.

lazyboy said:
If anybody out there can remember my thread about October when I first bought it, something like "Jaysus Mary and Joseph, October ROOOOOOOOOCKS!!!" was the title of the thread, it had a big impact on me:)

:yes: I remember it, clearly...that?s when I got to know you ;) I remember having mentioned Westlife in my reply, something related to a gorgeous scenery shown in one of their videos...I saw it on MTV Brazil...you know, those cliffs...you said you couldn?t believe that shite band was getting famous here as well, LOL

Man...I have been around here for so long that sometimes I think I could actually write the story of Feedback, LOL. Maybe I have good memory. Maybe I have spent too much time here. Maybe both. :D

Last edited:
follower said:

Man...I have been around here for so long that sometimes I think I could actually write the story of Feedback, LOL. Maybe I have good memory. Maybe I have spent too much time here. Maybe both. :D

Ooh! Ooh! I need a story idea for my fiction class on Thursday! :happy:

wertsie said:

Ooh! Ooh! I need a story idea for my fiction class on Thursday! :happy:

What do you mean by that girl? If I can be of any help for you just let me know and I?ll give you a :up:

Thinking better...I may have sound pretentious with that comment above. It was not my intention, really. I just love this place and the people I have met here, you know. ;) I?m sure lots of people can actually tell the story of Feedback.

follower said:

What do you mean by that girl? If I can be of any help for you just let me know and I?ll give you a :up:

Thinking better...I may have sound pretentious with that comment above. It was not my intention, really. I just love this place and the people I have met here, you know. ;) I?m sure lots of people can actually tell the story of Feedback.

:hug: follower

You are pretentious at all. You rock! :up:

Anyway, yeah, I have a 3000 word short story due on Thursday. I might have it be something about computers...But maybe not...I really have no idea! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom