On u2tour.de...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've gotta say i always despised the really soft glow on everything on that video :( was hoping the dvd would look different - still can't wait to get it

I'm sorry to cut off ur enthusiasm guys , but aren't these pictures old as hell ? I remember these from like since 2003

I hope they do a new mix on the sound, the vhs had very bad sound. The volume of Bono wasnt that high, one of the bootlegs I in soundboard have of that show has much higher sound on Bono. I just want that sound on the dvd so I can hear when Bono sings the "say its true" line in NYD on that show :drool:

Peterrrrr said:
I hope they do a new mix on the sound, the vhs had very bad sound. The volume of Bono wasnt that high, one of the bootlegs I in soundboard have of that show has much higher sound on Bono. I just want that sound on the dvd so I can hear when Bono sings the "say its true" line in NYD on that show :drool:

He also hissed a lot on vhs, it was a little bit carping to me

Peterrrrr said:

That's true the sound is messed up , in the VHS u hear the half of guitars in One , like in a bootleg

I'm actually looking forward to this release...which is odd considering this was not one of my favorite U2 tours...however there is something about that concert that is both exciting and grating, but mainly exciting.

I'm hoping the extra are better than the ones on the Zoo TV DVD...:eyebrow:

I'll just be pissed off if the volume of the crowd suddenly soars when Edge hits that note at the beginning of Mofo, pretty much drowning it out...:mad:

I love NYD from Mexico Popmart. That crowd brought some energy to that song.

Also, am I the only one who enjoys Pride from Mexico Popmart?

Why oh why does the bonus material have to be songs already on the DVD? And still no MIAMI, which was a stand out song on this tour! Such a cop out.

gman said:
Why oh why does the bonus material have to be songs already on the DVD? And still no MIAMI, which was a stand out song on this tour! Such a cop out.

Very true. It was one of my faves too.

zoopop said:

Actually, for no particular reason, it's my favourite version of Pride ever! Dunno why though :wink: but it's got something special. And Miami truely deserves to be called one of THE highlights on Popmart, shame that it won't be included as a bonus track. If you're in doubt, you should give Tel Aviv or Leeds performances a listen!

I witnessed Miami live (in person). For me, it kicked ass and was a song and performance that I rated highly. Please was another on that tour that stood out more than the other toons. Am I wrong for being of this opinion?

gman said:
I witnessed Miami live (in person). For me, it kicked ass and was a song and performance that I rated highly. Please was another on that tour that stood out more than the other toons. Am I wrong for being of this opinion?

You're neither wrong nor right...Please was definitely a showstopper...a tour de force!!! I saw the boys perform it on the Elevation Tour and I missed the power of the song as it was only performed acoustically. The Popmart version was :drool:

Miami though...:shrug:

In all honesty Reggie, B4 I saw Miami live, I dindt think that much of the song (considering its u2), but as i say, the live performance stands out in my mind 10 yrs on. The album version still fails to capture the.........watever it was that did it for me live. I can fully understand it not being everybodys cup of tea.

zoopop said:

"We are here to make LOVE !" Classic

Besides that the intro is bigger than normally , 1st Larry , Edge with muted notes than the full thing

It's a short but amazing version

The whole great thing of popmart are the combos , like this 80's moment

WAR - UF - JT with NYD , then Pride right with I still ....

gman said:
In all honesty Reggie, B4 I saw Miami live, I dindt think that much of the song (considering its u2), but as i say, the live performance stands out in my mind 10 yrs on. The album version still fails to capture the.........watever it was that did it for me live. I can fully understand it not being everybodys cup of tea.

Ah gman, I'm notorious for no fully loving Pop as many here do, so it's my prejudice. I must confess I love Larry's "When The Levee Breaks" drumbeat, but the lyrics...:yuck:

Back
Top Bottom