On the fly alternate HTDAAB tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
On-the-fly HTDAAB tracklisting:

1. City of Blinding Lights (mixed better, not neutered)

2. Native Son (a kick-ass finalized version)

3. All Because of You (with better lyrics and a stronger vocalization on the chorus)

4. Xanax and Wine (see Native Son notes, but with some of the flair of Fast Cars)

5. Smile (with more backing vocals from Edge)

6. Yahweh (see City of Blinding Lights notes)

7. Love and Peace or Else (some better lyrics, more guitars, better solo, longer outro)

8. Electrical Storm (original, not William Orbit)

9. Miracle Drug (If God Will Send His Angels pruning to verses--especially the "freedom has a scent..." prechorus and the "luuuu-uhhh-uhhh-uhhh-uhhh-uhhh-uhhhv" part of the second prechorus)

10. Original of the Species (the single version)

11. One Step Closer (more sparse and ethereal)

The singles would've been Electrical Storm (super early lead single), Native Son (the same time Vertigo came out), and City of Blinding Lights. And that would leave Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, A Man And A Woman, and Crumbs From Your Table for an EP--U2 7 (pt 2):

1. Crumbs From Your Table
2. Vertigo
3. Xanax and Wine (the Jacknife Lee Mix)
4. All Because Of You (techno version)
5. A Man And A Woman
6. Yahweh (acoustic)
7. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

coolian2 said:
Electrical Storm following Love and Peace sounds like a winner.

I thought so. I think this album would have been more rocking, more socially conscious (without being downright cliché), more consistant, and with a better flow with this tracklisting.

Visiongfx said:
:ohmy:

Looks awesome, i much rather have this than our current HTDAAB anyday.

It's scary how close they came to a great album, isn't it?

the tourist said:

It's scary how close they came to a great album, isn't it?

Same with ATYCLB and Pop. They came so close! Just a few changes to the tracklisting, and a bit more faith in the original outtakes, and discarded B-sides, and they would have had three consequetive winners!

I like your changes to HTDAAB, except I would keep SYCMIOYO, and put it between Xanax and Smile. (Why in Gods name did they not keep Smile?). But I love the Electrical Storm/Love and Peace combo. I've never considered putting ES on this album, but it would have worked great!

Last edited:
luna_lovegood said:

I've never considered putting ES on this album, but it would have worked great!

Have you considered putting Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me on Pop? It fits well. :up:

you wouldn't be able to get away with releasing Native Son and then subsequently releasing Vertigo on an EP. it's the same song.

^ Got a point...

I wish vertigo had the intro of native son but the lyrics of vertigo without the long 'FREEEEE'. To me that would be a stellar song, maybe for the next tour they'll take ou the uno dos tres catorce.. to me it sounds too....baby sing-a-longish. But u2 couldn't do that......they can't even take 'pride' out of a setlist.

Last edited:
popacrobat said:

Slightly different though. One's a derivative, ones the exact same song.

They're not exactly the same. They're as the same as Xanax and Wine and Fast Cars. :up:

The only thing Always and Beautiful Day share is the bassline. Seriously. The bassline is pretty much identical, but nothing else is the same.

the tourist said:

Have you considered putting Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me on Pop? It fits well. :up:

I actually had that revelation the other night watching Popmart in Mexico City. It is such a kick ass song. It would have rocked Pop's socks off. I'd slip it in between LNOE and Gone.

Back
Top Bottom