OMG!!! Tour rumour!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don't worry.everything will happen exactly as it is planned.album will come out on march or beginning of april while tour will start end of may.

:lol: ZZ Top?

Well, the band did say they are making a rock album, and Bono - with his stubble lately - and Edge could be going for a more beard-y look, trying to look like them. :lmao:

Porter said:
don't worry.everything will happen exactly as it is planned.album will come out on march or beginning of april while tour will start end of may.

Exactly as what is planned?

There have been no plans announced.

Not in March,

not in April,

has an album been announced.

-Elvis in the Hat ;)

Wow Elvis, you were more entertained by Simon and Garfunkel than U2??????????????? Why are you even running this site? lol You didnt care for the lighting on Elevation? Whatever, you seem to have lost touch with what U2 is about when performing live. Its the songs and the music that are the important part, not the production. Sure some of the production is cool and Zoo and Popmart were great. But I wouldnt care if U2 went back to the minimalist days of Joshua Tree as far as the stage production, it would still be great. I prefered the Joshua Tree tour over Zoo because it was about the music completely. I just cant believe for someone that runs this site, and wants Principle to make you the official message board that you are so cynical about it. You preferred Simon and Garfunkal because their lighting was better???? Each his own, but WOW. I guess we will agree to disagree on that one, but I think you are definately in the minority. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say though, man I hope I did.

I do think you may be correct with the album though. They did tentatively plan to tour this coming year but that was all contingent on the album being ready. But if the album isnt the greatest of all time you are going to lose interest quickly??? So I assume you will be shutting Inteference down and not going to the shows if this is the case?? What if it is a great album but JT and Achtung Baby are still slightly better?? I guess its time to pack it in!! ridiculous Good music is good music. ATYCLB isnt as good as JT or AB but I still love the album. They may never top JT or AB, two of the greatest albums of all time in my opinion. But even if they dont, it doesnt mean they are not making great music.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
Wow Elvis, you were more entertained by Simon and Garfunkel than U2??????????????? Why are you even running this site? lol You didnt care for the lighting on Elevation? Whatever, you seem to have lost touch with what U2 is about when performing live. Its the songs and the music that are the important part, not the production. Sure some of the production is cool and Zoo and Popmart were great. But I wouldnt care if U2 went back to the minimalist days of Joshua Tree as far as the stage production, it would still be great. I prefered the Joshua Tree tour over Zoo because it was about the music completely. I just cant believe for someone that runs this site, and wants Principle to make you the official message board that you are so cynical about it. You preferred Simon and Garfunkal because their lighting was better???? Each his own, but WOW. I guess we will agree to disagree on that one, but I think you are definately in the minority. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say though, man I hope I did.

I do think you may be correct with the album though. They did tentatively plan to tour this coming year but that was all contingent on the album being ready. But if the album isnt the greatest of all time you are going to lose interest quickly??? So I assume you will be shutting Inteference down and not going to the shows if this is the case?? What if it is a great album but JT and Achtung Baby are still slightly better?? I guess its time to pack it in!! ridiculous Good music is good music. ATYCLB isnt as good as JT or AB but I still love the album. They may never top JT or AB, two of the greatest albums of all time in my opinion. But even if they dont, it doesnt mean they are not making great music.

Let me address your questions and assumptions...

a. I am running this site because I love the world of U2, the music, the art, the fans, etc

b. I believe I said I enjoyed the lighting at S&G more, not that I didn't like Elevation's at all.

c. As far as the songs and the music being the only important aspect, that's purely your opinion. While I do agree to a certain point, I also have to say that in my opinion the production, visual aspect, and over indulgence in technology are important to me as well... I came onboard with U2 during Achtung Baby and ZOOTV. After the recent survey we just ran on the site, the results show that the average U2 fan (that did the survey) is in the same boat - they came into U2 during the AB/ZOOTV era. It does seem that I'm not in the minority at all, atleast among online U2 fans.

d. I'm a creative and intellectual individual, and I constantly expect more from myself as well as others like me... I hold U2 to this standard as well. They need to keep impressing me, keep blowing me away. Rehashing old tricks isn't going to INCREASE my interest. Perhaps I'm harder to please, but I believe the world revolves around change, not stagnation.

e. When did I say anything about shutting Interference down, or not attending ANY shows? I didn't.

f. AB and JT are both incredible albums, and both incredibly different. I dont rank one against the other, each album has it's own merit. Again, this goes back to whether or not it's a rehash of old tricks or not. While I loved POP, I don't think it was one of their best albums - I didn't pack it in then did I? I don't scare THAT easily ;)

g. ATYCLB is an excellent album, but in my opinion, I agree... it's not up there with JT or AB.

I don't care what kind of tour I get. JUST GO ON TOUR ASAP. BRING OUT YOUR ALBUM ASAP.

THIS WAIT IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :banghead: :combust: :yikes: :crazy:

I personally dont want another ZooTV they've already done it! And I wouldn't want another Popmart either!!
Unlike a lot of U2 fans I didnt come on board after ZooTV or AB I'v been a fan since about 1981 (and before anyone takes the huff its only beause of my age that I've been a fan this long!!) to be honest I preferred the JT Tour and and thought that the band hit the spot with Elevation.
I just think that to go "back" and do a big show again would be a backward step for U2, as for them being in their 40's I dont think that comes into it.
But do agree that this MAY be the last big world tour,and in future they will play dates in selected cities.
Let's just hang on for some official news from PM as soon as the album gets finished we wont have to wait long.

I for one will be waiting with baited breath to see just how many concerts are played in the USA and in Europe, I'm praying for more dates in the UK this time for purely selfish reasons!!!! :lol:

Elvis said:

First, just because rumors say the album is done..... doesnt mean it is.

Even if it was done, albums aren't released as soon as an artist finishes them:
A release is timed according to when other artists are releasing or arent releasing, as well as when a marketing plan is developed and set into action, as well as when a supporting tour will be ready to go.

But things that should be considered about THIS album:
Chris Thomas, the original (and experimental) producer for this album hasnt been mentioned in quite awhile.... now they've broght back the big guns 'Danny'. Obviously they weren't happy with how things were going previously.

If rumors are true about a stadium tour, and I'll wager that they are.... I also would wager that this tour will be a bit more 'grand' and rank up there with a large production, somewhere between popmart and zootv. It is also likely that this will be a a real World Tour, which Elevation failed to be. For many places in the world, U2 has been absent for 7-8 years.

Timing.... like the olympics, and US presidential elections, U2 seems to launch a new LP about every 4 yrs.

Timing again, IF this will indeed be a world tour, it will most likely be much longer than the abbreviated Elevation tour. By the end of the tour, this would place the band members in their mid to late 40s.... do you really think they'll do another large scale world tour when their 50something? While I'd love to see it, I think it's doubtful. Stadiums will allow for more peple, for everyone that wants (and can afford) to see the band live, possibly in this venue, for one last time. I'm not saying this will be their last album.... but I wouldnt be at all shocked to not hear of another massive tour again, if this will indeed fill that description.

I'm just being realistic.

Yeah, that does make sense...

:grumpy:

Someone I know saw a sign near the cash register where they purchased the Slane DVD that had a list of upcoming releases which said Pre-order new U2 CD available early 2004.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Ok.

Time for a REAL tour rumour..... that comes from a very credible and unnameable source (for now)....

DRUM ROLL, Please!

16 months.

World Tour.

Mid 2004, all the way through almost the end of 2005.

BIG.

I'll have some more confirmation on this within the coming weeks.

I guess after arenas and with a rocking album we can somewhat be prepared for stadiums but ... 16 months? Woo hoo! :hyper:

What about the "less quantity more quality" principle when Larry said they would be touring less and focus on quality instead? Was Elevation already a sign of that?

I think the tour will be similar in lenth to Elevation (8 months) but will cover more area's of the world and will focus on Stadiums in markets that can handle it. I think the one year or two year tour thing is over. If the band can do a 100 dates in 8 months, I think they are satisfied with that.

I've seen rumors about June/July start for the tour in the USA. Album coming out in March/April. First single released to radio in January. I think everyone better be listening and searching the web, radio, TV the first week of January. I think the dates for everything will be very similar to 1997 and POPMART.

I think will have a better idea at the start of the new year. U2 has never taken more than 3 years and 8 months to release a new studio album. With that in mind, I doubt the album will come out after July 2004 as that would be passed that 3 year 8 month mark.

U2 usually releases albums in the Spring or Fall.

Back
Top Bottom