OMG!!! Miss Sarajevo (studio) is the most gorgeous song ever made!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
:drool:

Okay.. 'One' is the greatest song ever made I know. :wink:
But this one is the most beautiful I think!

:love:

Is there a time for first communion
A time for East 17
Is there a time to turn to Mecca
Is there time to be a beauty queen

:heart:

Dici che il fiume
Trova la via al mare
E come il fiume
Giungerai a me
Oltre i confini
E le terre assetate
Dici che come fiume
Come fiume...
L'amore giunger
L'amoooooooooooooooooore........... :combust:

And from the recent live version...

Is there a time for keeping your mouth shut?
Is there a time for human rights?

Last edited:
Stay is awesome! :drool: But the word 'gorgeous' relates better to the strings of Miss Sarajevo, methinks.

Someone pointed this out to me recently ....can't remember who

but anyways, I think the reason I love Miss S. so much is because of the sentiment and seeing Bono's ability to sing it just gives me goosebumps.

I haven't listened to the song objectively at all. As a fan though and as a girl who cries seeing bono hit those notes for his father *wipes tear*

I love it :heart:

I'm a little more partial to Running To Stand Still when it comes to beautiful songs. Especially the Zoo TV versions...those "hallelujah"s along with The Edge's guitar. :drool: It brings tears to my eyes, sometimes. Also Bass Trap and Beach Sequence... As well as Love Is Blindness, in a tortured sort of way.

But yes, Miss Sarajevo is a very beautiful song.

GibsonGirl said:
I'm a little more partial to Running To Stand Still when it comes to beautiful songs. Especially the Zoo TV versions...those "hallelujah"s along with The Edge's guitar. :drool: It brings tears to my eyes, sometimes. [...] As well as Love Is Blindness, in a tortured sort of way.

You stole my response :mad:

the rockin edge said:
:angry: no, stay is more gorgeous...I'm thinking of the acoustic version on the elevation tour:drool:

Stay is sing-along heaven :drool: and has an awesome coolness factor going for it :cool: esp. with that video!

But Miss Sarajevo, Running To Stand Still, One Tree Hill, Promenade etc. are just gorgeous gorgeous songs! :heart: :combust: :faint:

Queen Bee said:

You stole my response :mad:

I'm in your miiiind, all of the time. :happy:

But you don't think Bass Trap and Beach Sequence are beautiful? :sad:

GibsonGirl said:
I'm a little more partial to Running To Stand Still when it comes to beautiful songs. Especially the Zoo TV versions...those "hallelujah"s along with The Edge's guitar. :drool:

:drool: Running To Stand Still from Zoo TV is amazing, the vocals and the guitar and bass all building and building :combust:

better than Miss S, although the vocals in the middle where bono sings the pavarotti bit are :drool: worthy too

Queen Bee said:

I don't remember what they sound like :uhoh:

:angry:

That's a shame. Listen to Bass Trap while driving in the car at night. It's magical. :drool:

Okay drumroll please!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Top 10 most gorgeous songs ever written!

1. Miss Sarajevo
2. Running To Stand Still
3. Promenade
4. One Tree Hill
5. Heartland
6. With Or Without You
7. Love Is Blindness
8. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
9. Your Blue Room
10. The Unforgettable Fire

:yes:

:dance:

Miss Sarajevo sung LIVE.....by Bono aka Mr Paul Hewson standing on the ramp RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU at a U2 concert was the MOST enlightening beautiful few minutes of my entire life! :drool: So much passion in that tragic yet beautiful song, and just as much if not more passion and emotion emanating from that tenor voice....how he holds those notes! Bravisimo! :applaud:

It is an incredibly gorgeous song. It just keeps this cool, subtle, calm to it, while still managing to completely pull off the emotion without ever coming close to having to force it. I love the little lead into Pavaroti's part, the little chord changes, which aren't there in the single version. It's a song I'd love to hear for the first time, not knowing that Pavaroti is on there. Just let that sneak up and surprise me. Bono's live attempt is stunning as well. I read the raving in here, downloaded it from Milan, and was still shocked at how good it was. I hope they do that at the Sydney show.

There are others I'm sure I could add to the above Top 10 if I tried. Mostly just little parts in songs, like the "Run to you" lines in Tryin to Throw. Otherwise, I agree entirely with it (not quite the order, but the picks).

Is Pavarotti on the album version of Miss Sarajevo?

I just bought the All Because of You single which has Miss Sarajevo live from Milan. That was pretty damn good. My mum loved it!

I think add October to that list, I'm listening to it, now, it is really nice.

the rockin edge said:

:drool: where would we be without you Axver:wink:

Nowhere good. :tsk:

:wink:

Axver's Top Four Most Beautiful U2 Songs

1. Heartland
2. Drowning Man
3. Running To Stand Still
4. Stay

Earnie Shavers said:
It is an incredibly gorgeous song. It just keeps this cool, subtle, calm to it, while still managing to completely pull off the emotion without ever coming close to having to force it. I love the little lead into Pavaroti's part, the little chord changes, which aren't there in the single version. It's a song I'd love to hear for the first time, not knowing that Pavaroti is on there. Just let that sneak up and surprise me. Bono's live attempt is stunning as well. I read the raving in here, downloaded it from Milan, and was still shocked at how good it was. I hope they do that at the Sydney show.

Great points you've made here! The lead upto Pavarotti's part in the album version is just pure blissful anticipation! They shouldn't have cut it for the Best Of. How much time would they have saved anyway? :down: And you're right... if someone isn't expecting Pavarotti's booming tenor to come up in the next few seconds, it would certainly blow them away when it does arrive! And the whole song sounds so humble! Definitely does come off as trying too hard to be this gorgeous masterpiece! It just is. :heart:

And Earnie, your writing style is really good! Are you a music critic by profession?

Words cannot express my love of this beautiful gem of a song, I'm so excited they dusted it off and played it this tour and I actuallt got to see it :hyper:

In conclusion, Miss Sarajevo = the shiznit

end of conversation

Back
Top Bottom