OMG!!! Miss Sarajevo (studio) is the most gorgeous song ever made!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
No. There are other more gorgeous U2 songs.

Yeah, I don't think it's THE most gorgeous, but it's definitely up there for me.

Personally, the most gorgeous moment in U2's catalogue begins at the exact moment Bono says "I'm waaanting" and continues from there to the end of the song. If you instantly know what I'm talking about, you know what I'm talking about. :drool:

If you wear that velvet dress "I'm waaanting"? :yes: beautiful solo.

Not sure I could pick out a single most gorgeus moment in their catalogue. :hmm: I should think about it.

it's a boring song that needs an opera gimmick to save it. the pre opera part live may be the most boring part of any u2 show ever, and that includes bonos speeches.

Zootlesque said:
Okay drumroll please!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Top 10 most gorgeous songs ever written!

1. Miss Sarajevo
2. Running To Stand Still
3. Promenade
4. One Tree Hill
5. Heartland
6. With Or Without You
7. Love Is Blindness
8. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
9. Your Blue Room
10. The Unforgettable Fire

:yes:

:dance:

:down:

:wink:

:lol:

paint my love... *offbeat guitar intro screams in* .... you should paint my love.... *the drums kick in*... it's a picture of a.... :shifty:

Personally, the most gorgeous moment in U2's catalogue begins at the exact moment Bono says "I'm waaanting" and continues from there to the end of the song. If you instantly know what I'm talking about, you know what I'm talking about.

yep

to me, the most gorgeous u2 songs are

with or without you (especially about 1:10 into the song as the atmospherics kick in :drool: )

and

Stay (dont even need to explain)

Zootlesque said:
Okay drumroll please!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Top 10 most gorgeous songs ever written!

1. Miss Sarajevo
2. Running To Stand Still
3. Promenade
4. One Tree Hill
5. Heartland
6. With Or Without You
7. Love Is Blindness
8. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
9. Your Blue Room
10. The Unforgettable Fire

:dance:

Is that your all time gorgeous top 10 or just today? I'm in a your-top-ten vibe at the moment but it could all change come the morning :)

I agree with you that Miss S is gorgeous. It's a real turn-off-all-the-lights song.. very emotional.

Reading this thread I think i'm the only person who prefers the timeless, understated simplicity of the regular 'Running to Stand Still' to the ZooTV version!

Jim said:

Is that your all time gorgeous top 10 or just today? I'm in a your-top-ten vibe at the moment but it could all change come the morning :)

:lol: Yeah, that list was generated in the heat of the moment. But if I did this again tomorrow, I'd probably still keep most of the songs on there! Yet I couldn't fit in one of my all-time favorites, Stay! :sad:

stay is severly overrated too

the worst song on zooropa except for some days

the rockin edge said:

:drool: Running To Stand Still from Zoo TV is amazing, the vocals and the guitar and bass all building and building :combust:

Running To Stand Still, and its segue into Streets is one of my favourite U2 moments ever. In the Dublin Zoo Tv broadcast, Bono snippets The End by the doors, and it builds into this frantic buzz that's simply amazing...:drool:

U2girl said:

Not sure I could pick out a single most gorgeus moment in their catalogue. :hmm: I should think about it.

Probably WOWY intro, till Bono starts singing. Can't think of anything more beautiful soundwise in their catalogue.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:
I'm a little more partial to Running To Stand Still when it comes to beautiful songs. Especially the Zoo TV versions...those "hallelujah"s along with The Edge's guitar. :drool: It brings tears to my eyes, sometimes. Also Bass Trap and Beach Sequence... As well as Love Is Blindness, in a tortured sort of way.

But yes, Miss Sarajevo is a very beautiful song.

Yep, I'm in love.:heart:

angelordevil said:
Running To Stand Still, and its segue into Streets is one of my favourite U2 moments ever. In the Dublin Zoo Tv broadcast, Bono snippets The End by the doors, and it builds into this frantic buzz that's simply amazing...

This person has got damn good taste too!

U2girl said:
Probably WOWY intro, till Bono starts singing. Can't think of anything more beautiful soundwise in their catalogue.

I think I'm in love again!:heart:

I love the Miss Sarajevo song. The video is great too, and makes you realize what a scary place Sarajevo would have been to live in in the early-mid 90s.

The section in the U2 At The End Of The World book about Sarajevo was really hard to read, all the atrocities that went on there at the time.

Agreed...it's right up there with the best of them. And Bono singing it live isn't bad either.

Zootlesque, I coud not agree more on this. But then again I'm partial when it comes to Miss Sarajevo. :wink:

For those wanting to find out what the real story behind this song is, read "Fools Rush In" by Bill Carter. Amazing book, amazing documentary and amazing song to accompany them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom