OMG: 'Kite' from WITS single!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:grumpy: I wouldn't know how this sounds just yet, since I had to order the cd at the music store, and the bastards ordered me the wrong one.... and I told them it should have a song named Kite on it! blegh, now the new guy ordered the right one, thank god, only a week more to go!

yes ! CD2 of WITS is the best u2 single release in a looooooong time!

The long intro of kite is gorgeous indeed! One of their best live releases as a B-side in ages!

J_NP said:

Speaks the truth , Edge's guitar sounds WAY better in Vertigo than Zoo

that maybe true...but nothing will beat this

theflybaby.gif

zoo2.gif

zoo station as an opener was:drool:

I also found their performance of the song was way better on the Zoo tour:shrug:

Last edited:
has it been released later in some countries? i got mine 2nd of jan in uk (the verison with kite and zoo station). had it on non-stop til i got home, then i played it some more! :rockon: certainley the bsides for a loooong time

it kinda takes away the pleasure of listening to it the first time if you torrent it

xaviMF22 said:
kite is awesome...Zoo station is ok....much better on the zoo tour...

Agreed, the Vertigo Zoo Station is weak compared to the original Zoo TV version. Vocally, and guitar-wise

I was seriously thinking about starting exactly this thread today because I got my WITS singles yesterday and I was so amazed by the Live songs. I really had tears listening to Kite. Man, Bono's voice is so powerful, and the performance is emotional and really deep, and Edge's playing ... Kite and Zoo Station are really really great tracks.

just ordered that single from amazon..wooohoo...!!!

Also ordered the All Because of You Import single (japan pressed) that has Miss Sarajevo (Live from Milan), A Man and a Woman, and She's a Mystery to Me (Live from Brooklyn).

And WITS (Pt 1)with Tower of Song :wink:

Can't get enough of them! :happy:

I LOVE this version of Kite. I really liked it on the album, but this live version is just.... guh. :heart: It's definitely one of the high points of the Vertigo tour. Absolutely gorgeous.

I never much cared for Kite, but I really do like the version from the single. I could do without the Cate Blanchett deal though.

Back
Top Bottom