OMG: 'Kite' from WITS single!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
J_NP said:
Anyone who didn't notice yet the differences between the guitar in Zoo and Vertigo , see these videos for example

Zoo NY , or if u prefer get ur zoo dvd , and put in 2:10 in this youtube video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jTAWYpXvtiw

Now look at a pro-recording of ZooStation from Brazil , put in 1:45
to see the difference between this version and ZooTV's

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VUf7Ia9nS60

Thank you for that - I'd never seen footage of the 92 intro to Zoo Station before!!
You demonstrated what I was thinking today listening to the (fantastic) WITS singles. The recent recording of Zoo Station is awesome and sounds so much wider sonically than Zoo TV. And as for Kite... the "Edge!" moment gets the goosebumps going.. a great single package.

Tower Of Song is phenominal too.. if only they included the new WITS video/s it would be 10/10 for me (which is rare for a U2 single release!).

david said:
is the version of kite the one that has the guy playing the didgererrerdoo?

Yes it is. I think he played it at all or several of the Australia gigs.

ElectricalVoice said:

I think the Vertigo version of Zoo Station is far superior.

The Kite version is awesome.

You're insane.

Zoo had Bono doing that Irish banshee wail "I could have lost you".

It also had Larry's drums treated, and he attacked the intro to that song. Open high-hat mashing away.

He doesn't do that on the Vertigo version. No effects. No high-hat. No Bono wail.

Zoo Station has alway been Larry's song.

And he just doesn't play well on these new versions.

MrBrau1 said:

You're insane.

Zoo had Bono doing that Irish banshee wail "I could have lost you".

It also had Larry's drums treated, and he attacked the intro to that song. Open high-hat mashing away.

He doesn't do that on the Vertigo version. No effects. No high-hat. No Bono wail.

Zoo Station has alway been Larry's song.

And he just doesn't play well on these new versions.

shit:ohmy: ...I definitely agree :up:

It's too bad my Zoo Station / Kite torrent is moving just as fast as a school bus in a drag race.

zoo station is the best on vertigo tour,awesome guitar sounds, drums rock! vocals awesome

kite, best version iv ever heard, so much emotion in the song, from long intro to the second guitar solo, beautiful!

Popmartijn said:
:eyebrow:
What's wrong with buying the actual single?

To buy new, $12 for 2 new songs (well, just live versions of old songs). $6/song ?? No thanks.

Also, long delivery.

I'll buy used months from now, and in the meantime i've downloaded and happily listening to them. Zoo Station is meh, nowhere near as good as ZooTv version, but Kite is great.

toscano said:

To buy new, $12 for 2 new songs (well, just live versions of old songs). $6/song ?? No thanks.

Amazon from Canada is sellin it at 4,99 , which turns into 4,26 US dollars , meaning 1,30 dollars for 1 song , even with the delivery it doesn't get much expensive , going for the US

J_NP said:

Amazon from Canada is sellin it at 4,99 , which turns into 4,26 US dollars , meaning 1,30 dollars for 1 song , even with the delivery it doesn't get much expensive , going for the US

Actually international shipping is around $10 Canadian, still making it more expensive than just waiting to buy it used in a few months. Also, it doesn't solve the problem of wanting to hear the songs TODAY.

Long live torrents ! If people take a few minutes to look at all the great "how to"'s on this site, they'll never need to post a "can you send me (insert song here) too" ever again. It's easy, it's free and if you can't be bothered to learn......

coolian2 said:

Some of us intend to but happen to also be impatient bastards.

I'm one of them.

Yeah like me , I did download Zoo and Kite , but I'm seriously thinkin bout buyin them

Back
Top Bottom