OMG...ABBA ON BROADWAY?!?!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, I guess I know where Larry Mullen Jr. will be headed next time he's in NYC...to the latest Broadway production...a show called "Mama Mia" based on the music of...of all things, ABBA!!!!
eek.gif

I realize Abba was huge in Europe, but in the States they were little more than a cheesy joke...I'm dumbfounded.
tongue.gif
confused.gif

disco

Hey, ABBA was a great group. Their melodies were amazing. Bono is a huge fan too - just listen to the Stockholm '92 show when the two men from the band join him for "Dancing Queen". He sounds truly humbled by their presence.

There's another broadway show that is based on ABBA....but I forget what it is and I'm lazy to find it.

CK

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 NJ1 GA's for 2 NY1 GCs or 2 NY1 $85!! Email or IM me. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

"knowing me, knowing you....A-HA..."

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

It played out here in San Francisco. Got great reviews, everybody dancing with the music and having a good time. I missed it unfortunately, but it sounds fun!

Mamma Mia has played in Toronto for the past few years. It's not about ABBA - it's just a cute, fun wedding story - but it uses the music of ABBA to tell the story. I went with a bunch of people from work and we had a great time.

The woman who is starring in the show for its opening on Broadway - Louise Pitre - has an incredible voice. Definitely see it if you used to be an ABBA fan (or still are) and you enjoy a good musical.

Edge's Wench? Oh why didn't I come up with that name first?
smile.gif

I'm going to see the show sometime....probably have to get standby. Probably get my ass in gear to do that after I get my ass in gear to get Producers tickets. But who couldn't love "Dancing Queen"?

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Thank you UCLA. The fact that Chess was written by members of ABBA is a little known fact. I'm impressed. And while I'm on the subject: Chess is perhaps one of the best musicals out there. It's really worth taking a listen. I was unfortunately unable to see Mamma Mia when I was in London, but it got great reviews over there, and is supposedly doing well over here.

If anybody here can get a chance to do to see Mamma Mia, GO!!

I have seen it in Toronto, and it was a very fun and cool musical to go to. You will have fun!!

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

Yes- I saw it when it played in San Francisco, very fun! Best to go with a big group of friends. You'll be suprised how many of the songs you'll know...

Ah...well, I am really Edge's Wench, so perhaps that is why you did not think up the name. But shhhhhhhhhhhhh! - it's a secret.

Back
Top Bottom