Older U2 fans against younger...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:yes: My mom was telling her friends about when I met Bono and one of them said she's been a U2 fan FOREVER and even saw them play in our hometown at a local church in 1981. A lot of the guys I work with (30-mid 40s) are also huge fans and we like the same stuff, we talk about concerts we've listened to or seen on tape (or ones I've seen on tape that they were at since I wasn't born yet) and we all know what each other are talking about.

I don't think it matters one lick whether you've liked them for 5 minutes or 30 years. It really bugs me when people say "oh, but this means so much more to ME b/c I've been a fan way longer than you" like it's someone's fault when they were born :rolleyes: I mean, when your kid is born you don't say the child means WAY more to you 30 yrs down the road than s/he did the day you gave birth right? The younger generations are just as genuine and valuable. Even God said it's cool to have faith like a child!

I became a fan a little after ATYCLB was released. I love being a part of the U2 community because it doesn't matter whether you're old or young, everyone is treated the same here. On other forums for other bands, they are always talking about how newbies are ruining the boards, blah blah blah. I think that it's great to have so many different people and opinons on this forum. It has opened my eyes to so many new views and perspectives. I learn something new every day on this forum, whether it be political or religious, about the album and the lads, or how Bono will never stop looking hot in those leather pants.
Love you all lots!

Last edited:
macphistofreak said:
I became a fan a little after ATYCLB was released. I love being a part of the U2 community because it doesn't matter whether you're old or young, everyone is treated the same here. On other forums for other bands, they are always talking about how newbies are ruining the boards, blah blah blah. I think that it's great to have so many different people and opinons on this forum. It has opened my eyes to so many new views and perspectives. I learn something new every day on this forum, whether it be political or religious, about the album and the lads, or how Bono will never stop looking hot in those leather pants.
Love you all lots!

Now Bono looking hot in leather pants I certainly agree with.:drool:

i've been a u2 fan since before i even had a true appreciation of music. i was seven when war came out, and i was just drawn to it. my brother got the unforgettable fire for christmas '84, and the second i heard 'bad', it was a done deal. they've been my favourite band since.

i don't think you can compare *levels* of fandom, either. i'm glad i was lucky enough to stumble on to u2 when i was so young, but i don't think that earns me any kind of status. each and every one of us has our own unique relationship with the music, we all have associations with certain songs, and it's an intensely personal experience. we're all fans in our own right. i think it's amazing that the boys continue to draw huge numbers of new fans with every release. we've got a great mix of fans on this board, and i think that mix is what makes this place so dynamic.

u2 fans rock!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom