Okay, now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everybody rags on Oprah! She doesn't have the tactical means to pull off such an operation.

The Vatican, however, has the means through the elite Knights of Malta. A formidable operation which has landed the CD in the hands of the Pope who is a closet U2 fan and is currently rocking out to the new tracks behind closed doors.

Actually I've heard that the pontiff is helping out by laying down some vocals for the rock tunes on the album.

popecore.jpg

That's some funny shit! Is he yawning? Impassioned? What a shot!

It certainly doesn't look like backing vocals, but like a full-on duet with Bono!

Only adds credence to my theory that the Vatican swiped the disc.

I think there is still a very good chance of the single being released by the end of September. If the band wants to be in the running for next year's Grammys, the single has to be released before Sept. 30. As far as silence from the U2 camp, seems these guys are silent most of the time, I was more surprised to find them making statements about this whole lost CD thing than anything.

that has to be one of the best photos ever taken, just barely eeking out that National Geographic cover with the young girl from Afghanastan with the beautiful blue eyes from 20 years ago....:wink:

He may still be upset that U2 decided to choose a slightly different name than the one he suggested for their 1997 release.

ThatGuy said:
He may still be upset that U2 decided to choose a slightly different name than the one he suggested for their 1997 release.

lol i didn't know there was a story like this? or is this a joke that went over my head (definitely possible!)?

EvolutionMonkey said:
........just get the disc mastered and released as soon as possible I mean why do they have to wait till Nov 22 ?.....

My birthday's on Nov 22, and I've already labeled the album the best present anyone's ever given me. Then again, maybe I'm just biased because they're my favorite band and all :wink:

heh, in my limited experience of "irish families", when the lot of them go silent on you it's because they're PISSED OFF at something you've done.

so to my mind at least, the silence emanating from the U2 camp has to do with their feelings toward the general public regarding the theft.

Can't say as I blame them.

The release date ultimately becomes the label's decision.
From what I understand the big decision, is when the band hands over the finished, mixed, mastered and sequenced album to Universal/Interscope.

Meaning if the band have alreayd done this, the album could be out as early as the first week of October. But the label will want to capatilize on their market. Plus they may have other artists dropping CD's on the same day. There is a littany of reasons for the gap between the completion of the album and the actual release. Most of that is to do with the label.

My guess is that the single will either be leaked on the internet by the band/managment/label or "leaked" to radio by the end of August. Then officially released on disc sometime in September. Video in October, Album in November.

I am betting on hearing the single within a month one way or another.

They were being quiet about majority of time anyway (okay, except Bono). Remember they went on holiday after finishing the album, plus they - and the label/management - are probably thinking the whole situation through and figuring out how to deal with this. I still think there is a good chance the album/single will come sooner than we think.

Back
Top Bottom