Okay... My Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
I like this girl a lot... Love everything about her... But there is a problem... I dunno what to do... She... She... Isn't a U2 fan...

SMB

My gf isn't the biggest U2 fan, but she respects them, and through me has gotten a better liking for them. She thinks the Vertigo Temple Bar Edit is pretty cool;)

If she isn't a U2 fan, she probably wouldn't want to be called Mrs. Bono. Keep looking.

Axver said:
Convert her.

To elaborate more, I converted a girl to U2. And then she became my girlfriend and we've got GAs to Boston III. Couldn't have worked out much better than that.

So yes. Convert her to the goodness that is U2!

Colleen's really indifferent to U2, and we still have a wonderful relationship. I mean, I know this may be heresy in some parts of the forum, but there is a world outside of U2 and many things people can connect on. The truth is, we have very few of the exact same interests, but the ones we do have sort of move within the same spheres, so we actually learn a lot from each other, even if I doubt she'll ever be a rabid U2 fan. I can't tell if you're serious or not from your post, but if you are, don' t get hung up on something like that.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Colleen's really indifferent to U2, and we still have a wonderful relationship. I mean, I know this may be heresy in some parts of the forum, but there is a world outside of U2 and many things people can connect on. The truth is, we have very few of the exact same interests, but the ones we do have sort of move within the same spheres, so we actually learn a lot from each other, even if I doubt she'll ever be a rabid U2 fan. I can't tell if you're serious or not from your post, but if you are, don' t get hung up on something like that.

Probaby the best advice. I mean, if you have to have someone who also loves U2, it could still lead to problems. For instance what if she was a rabid POP fan and you weren't! Horrors! It could lead to violence. :ohmy:

(but I could never love someone who wasn't a Church fan ... of course, I'm destined to be single forever. :shrug: )

Catman said:

*stones UnforgettableLemon*

You let him off with just a stoning? What am I meant to do with this spiked forty foot lemon now?

indra said:

Probaby the best advice. I mean, if you have to have someone who also loves U2, it could still lead to problems. For instance what if she was a rabid POP fan and you weren't! Horrors! It could lead to violence. :ohmy:

From an interview of criminals in jail for domestic violence ...

Interviewer: What did you do?
Inmate #1: I came home drunk and beat my wife for not making dinner for me.
Inmate #2: She got angry at me for losing my job and I got angry back.
Inmate #3: She likes Pop and Miami's one of her favourite songs.

Just ease her into U2, slowly but surely she will learn to love them.

Perhaps she just doesnt know who U2 really are. It took me ages to realise that all those wonderful songs on the radio were all by the same band. Once I realised they were, U2 have been my favourite band since 2003.

Axver said:

To elaborate more, I converted a girl to U2. And then she became my girlfriend and we've got GAs to Boston III. Couldn't have worked out much better than that.

So yes. Convert her to the goodness that is U2!

Really? :) Cool.

Back
Top Bottom