Ok, who's still in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you still not listening to old U2 while you wait for new U2?

• Yes. I've been strong!

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • No. I cracked. I've been listening.

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • No. I never gave them up! Do I look nuts to you?

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • Yes, but only because I haven't started the fast yet.

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
Oddly enough, I just barely started to listen to U2 again! With all the excitement of new U2 coming very soon, I've finally got up the urge to listen to them again (I really had over done it on them)

I haven't started. When I do, I probably won't last very long. Although, I haven't been listening to U2 as much lately. That is a big step for me.

I'll say that I've still remained strong. I've heard bits and pieces of U2 on the radio, but I've quickly ran away or changed the station. I'm trying my best! :cool:

We had a classic rock station on at work and they played New Year's Day. So, I haven't cracked yet, but I've been a victim of circumstance.

They play randomly all day on my work computer.....I could never give them up!!!! Others would suffer DIRE consequences if I didn't have my daily "therapy". :eyebrow:

Today out of the blue I listened to Salome. I don't know what happened. I wasn?t thinking. Two minutes into the song I realized I was listening to a U2 song. :reject: Since that song is such an obscure song and is not one of those songs I'm dying to listen to again (Hawkmoon 269) and the only one I have listened since then I'm not counting it as cheating. So I'm still strong :D. (I really think I can do this, I'll make a bigger effort to don't let that happen again). :angel:

I'm hanging in but...

I just bought replacement cds for 'Wide Awake In America' and 'Passengers'. I have not played them yet. :ohmy:

As for the radio....I too am a victim of circumstance :yes:

originally posted by u2popmofo
Oddly enough, I just barely started to listen to U2 again! With all the excitement of new U2 coming very soon, I've finally got up the urge to listen to them again (I really had over done it on them)

I've been doing the same. I went a few months without listening to them, but now the excitement is getting the best of me. And U2 is being played more on the radio lately, and there are two remixes on the CD at the store I work at, so...
But on my own, I want to avoid them so I would be ready for the new CD, but its not easy!

Last edited:
i've not caved. U2 did come on the radio today, but i too was just a victim of circumstance (unlike billy joel). so other than the odd song that comes on the classic radio station, i'm not listening to them at all till the new album comes out!

no way. not yet. when the single comes out i will. haha. right now though i'm just experiencing new u2 loves (the unforgettable fire, pop)

i don't know what i'm going to do when the new album does come out! i'm going to be leaving for hawaii on a band trip on the 22nd of nov. i don't know if i'm going to be able to find anywhere to buy the cd. i might cry. i think i will. i think i am. :sad:

peace, love, & filled with regret,
toni

I'm hangin on as well, although there are times when I'm about to give up because I'll miss hearing different parts of songs.
I keep on strong though and end up singing them in my head. :tsk: such a sad way to get my U2 fix.

What about those who don't listen to the new clips (listened to ABOY but the sound quality is so bad I couldn't make out anything) but do listen to older U2? Does that count for anything?

Martha, I never "officially" commited because I did not want to set myself up for failure but I am proud to say that I have not listened to U2 and I am using this down time to listen to The Killers, can't get enough of them. I am also listening to a little Regae (sp?). Pretty soon, I might crack though. But, if I do I will for sure listen to Boy.

Cheers!

I hadn't listened to much at all since early June but about a week ago I put an album on for kicks and it was like a newly sober person relapsing.

Back
Top Bottom