Ok, who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will you give up listening to the U2 you own until new music comes out?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • No.

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • Yes, but I can't do it for three months. I'll start later.

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
Sure, I'll start the day before the album comes out. :shifty:

I can do it but if it comes on the radio station, I can't help that. We listen to a rock station at work and it is not like I can go to the control room and ask them to turn off the radio when other employees are listen to the station.

You are talking to a woman who awoke this fine crisp morning to find a block of Lindt chocolate on her keyboard.

The ONLY reason I havent ripped into it is Im feeding my baby and you need two hands to open a chocolate wrapper.

I. have. no. control.

Last edited:
I listened to U2 today after some time without listening to them and I was really into it I think because of the time I spent without listening to them so yes, I?m in. Starting.... NOW!! :hyper:

GOOD GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?! I hope I make it. :uhoh: :scream:

Last edited:
Lasting the seven hours I'm at school is hard enough ... I even take my discman somedays. I think if I didn't listen to U2 daily, I'd cease to exist.

I've been trying since the other thread and I made up my won rules...I'm not listening to any old U2 on purpose. If they come on the radio I don't have to change the channel. If they come up on my mp3 playlist, I don't have to skip to the next song. :shifty: I refuse to take Achtung Baby out of the CD case that goes with me everywhere, however.

HELL NO. :tsk:

I tried. I've listened to other stuff lately. I went almost a week without U2 at all. But then I had a bad week at work last week and I needed Bono's voice :drool:

martha said:
Are you giving up old U2 until the new music is released?

What for? I certainly don't listen to my entire collection every day, every week, or every month. As my moods change, I change what era of U2 I listen to... as I listen to other people's music, I get reminded of something from U2 and play that. I guess I just don't understand how someone can really get burned out on U2, seeing as how there is such a vast amount of music to choose from.

I was kinda laughing at how folks were sounding a bit like alcoholics or drug addicts in these posts, talking about "I lasted a week!" "I can do it!" and so on. Then I re-read my own words above and stopped laughing... err.. ooops.

}:)~

Listening to U2 is part of my weekly routine. And, being the perfectionist that I am, I CANNOT break my routine or the world would explode. So, as you can see, my listening to U2 is the VERY THING keeping humanity from certain destruction.

(I hope you enjoyed your glimpse into the mind of someone with a mild case of obsessive compulsive disorder!)

:wink:

I've been listening to a variety of stuff right now so I'm giving it a try but nothing is guaranteed. If they come on the radio I will not change the channel though...and the station I listen to does tend to play them on a fairly regular basis. I did feel the need to blast Achtung Baby on the way to work yesterday morning to keep me awake so I am officially starting my attempt today.

I said yes, but I can't control the radio in the lab, because there are three of us in there switching stations and popping CDs in, so I'm at their mercy.

:shifty: I'm listening to U2 right now. I'll try to give them up after today but once that first single hits then forget about it. :tsk: It'll be the only song I listen to for weeks.

Re: Re: Re: Ok, who's in?

martha said:

I was listening to it so much that I wasn't hearing it. It's like being unable to smell your own perfume.

If I take a break, when I do listen again, it will be fresh and new and I'll hear it again.

Same here. Exactly. :yes:

And the reason I haven't listened to U2 in a long long time is because I am surrounded by all things U2 by working on Interference's Zine and for the fact that I listened to them nonstop for 10 years, and also because there are several bands right now that I have completely fallen in love with and so have been listening to them alot.

Haven't listened since you started that last thread about holding out. I have been hearing them on the radio alot (which is always nice).

The real challenge will be next week when I'm on vacation...to bring the U2 cd's or not (my friends probably are hoping for 'not')?

hell no.

actually, I'm planning on doing a U2 album a day type thing to lead into the new album release.

I'm so out.......I tried. I really did. I went a week without them then a few days with them then a few more days without. But it's been U2 all day today and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. :tsk: I can't even believe I made it through a week. :crazy:

I fell off the wagon hard tonight. :shifty: I went what, five days? That's an accomplishment...right?

Haven't listened to them since april/may..... but everytime i turn on the radio they seem to be on...... the last time Q107 even had a U2 weekend.

Trying to tell me something, is it?

Back
Top Bottom