OK! What "U2" Christmas gifts did you get this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That may be because my parents think I already own every item there is from U2
biggrin.gif

------------------
beLIEve

Well, I got the Elevation DVD, and a CD burner which will allow me to make U2 related burns
smile.gif

I got Boy and Under A Blood Red Sky for my birthdya, but that was last week...

Christmas isnt over yet, Im still holding out hope that I might get more U2ey stuff tomorrow from my grandparents
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Yeah but are you getting drunk tonight? Because that?s what I meant!
<----minor

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

I got my first guitar! It's not necessarily directly a U2 thing, but without any lessons I can play the intro to 11 O'Clock Tick Tock! Of course, it's EXTREMELY simple, but still...

I got that book "Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2", a Rattle and Hum-era poster, and the Boston DVD from drgnwolf1969. I talked to my sister this morning while she opened the presents I had sent for her, and she was so excited that she got ATYCLB.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

My mom, who went to my only two U2 concerts with me, blew up and framed four photos that we took at those shows. When I saw them I cried and had to put them down and not look at them until I had it together.
smile.gif
I'm attached to my shows... I also got the Best Buy cd.
Oh, and a cd-r drive too, that's not working properly and really driving me crazy....
mad.gif
I posted my problem on the internet music board if anybody wants to go check that out.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 12-25-2001).]

It has been a U2 Christmas so far for me. I got the 2002 U2 Calendar, the Rattle and Hum DVD, and A DVD player so I can finally watch the Boston show in my own comfy living room. Best of all, I got an ipod, which is a mp3 player made especially for Macs. I can fit my entire U2 mp3 collection inside of this tiny thing and there is still room for Radiohead and Gorillaz! Woohoo! I feel very lucky this year!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Calluna:

It has been a U2 Christmas so far for me. I got the 2002 U2 Calendar, the Rattle and Hum DVD

how good is it on DVD? im in my element now
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Man!! It's a U2 Christmas. I got:

ZooTV Live In Sydney VHS
U2 Live In Boston (VHS & DVD)
U2 2002 Calendar

*And I bought my Dad the greatest hits on CD.
wink.gif

My brother is watching me type this and shaking his head...

------------------
"An Angel in Devil's shoes..."

My boyfriend got me this really unbelieveable hand drawn black and white picture of the band... it's from a picture of them I have, I nearly died when I opened it -it's awesome!!

------------------
Love don't need to find a way
You find your own way
I forget that I can't stay
And so I say that
All roads lead to where you are
All roads lead to where you are

I got the elevation dvd and rattle and hum dvd... i'm going to buy a dvd player tomorrow! also the u2 calender, but best of all new number plates for my car... OOU200!
cant wait to get them!

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

It was SUCH a U2 Christmas for me too!!!
I received:
Walk On- The Spiritual Journey of U2
Tribute to Heroes DVD
U2 calendar
DVD player!
And my Mom gave me an Irish International Santa figurine, which I love!!!
So it was great, and I am very thankful!
Merry Xmas to all of you!

whoo hoo! what a great U2ey Christmas!

SPIN Magazine w/ U2 on cover
2002 U2 Calendar
DVD Player
+U2 Elevation DVD
+ TV for my room!

I just tried hooking it all up, and it seems my TV is not VCR or DVD compatible, lol... so I'll be making one exchange... not a bad ratio I guess
wink.gif

I will just have to wait until I can see the DVD, sure it's worth the wait though!

Sooooo excited:

1) Got the Elevation VHS, no DVD cause there is not one to be had in S FL! My dad looked all over for it and couldn't find it.

2) My little bro got me the Rattle and Hum CD. He was so cute...he thought I wouldn't like it cause I already had burned the songs from the internet! He's so cute!

3) PLUS, I got gift certificates to Best Buy and Barnes and Noble to buy whatever I want....so I'm going for the U2!

------------------
"Adam, Larry Mullen Jr., and Edge. They're my drug." -Bono
"Bono, add yourself to that mix!" -hippy

"Then in 1986, Bono's ego officially joined the band, leading the way to a commercial explosion." -Who Can It Be Now?

One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I have had a U2licious Christmas. From my darling Calluna I recieved:
!) D CD of the Chicago 10/16/01 show (which I was at being all hot and stuff) complete with scanned photos of the show. (I found me in the heart, being 6' has it's advantages...)
2) Pop remixes
3) Zoo remixes
4) Mango
Then I got drunk, and I'm Irish, so that's U2 related. Right?

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

woohoo! i just got the under a blood red sky video (the only u2 video i dont have) so im excited to watch that. then i got an ENORMOUS 40x60 album collage poster. thatll go next to my 40x60 promontional POP poster... Then, there was a present under the tree and on the tag it said it was from larry(my mom knows just what i like) and it was the u2 2002 calendar that i already have. oh well, i guess ill just have to go over to larrys house and get the receipt
smile.gif

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Merry Christmas everyone, I got the U2 2002 poster! One of the only U2 things my non-U2 fan parents and family could find!

I got The Joshua Tree on Viny and OMG my mommy gave a display case for my Larry Drum Stick!
eek.gif
It's sooooo cool too! She had it engrave.. it says: "Larry Mullen Jnr. Drum Stick" and it has the date when I got it, with the pic of him on the top and a pic of him when he gave it to me on the bottom!
eek.gif
I'm like OMG!
eek.gif
I LOVE IT! My fav X-mas present!
smile.gif
YAY ME! LOL

------------------
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on the Christmas tree....
I wish I was the star that went on top.

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
I got The Joshua Tree on Viny and OMG my mommy gave a display case for my Larry Drum Stick!
eek.gif
It's sooooo cool too! She had it engrave.. it says: "Larry Mullen Jnr. Drum Stick" and it has the date when I got it, with the pic of him on the top and a pic of him when he gave it to me on the bottom!
eek.gif
I'm like OMG!
eek.gif
I LOVE IT! My fav X-mas present!
smile.gif
YAY ME! LOL

WOW
That is definatly the coolest U2 present I've heard anyone get!! I would love my Mom forever if she ever even got the idea of doing something like that for me.

I just got October, an album I've only had as a burned copy that doesn't work. I've never got anything U2 related before, it doesn't matter how well I've described what it is and where to buy so I was really happy to get this one. I wished for Wide awake as well but since my brothers girlfriend couldn't read more then America on the note he wrote her, she didn't buy it.
frown.gif

I must say though that all your parents and grandparents are wonderful and filled with creative ideas. I loved the photo in the room idea, the stick suit, blown up photos. Congrats you all to amazing relatives and friends!
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I got quite a few U2 things. I won't bother listing them because they're just the same sort of things that everyone else has said(calendar etc)- I'll just mention a couple of the best.

"The royal philharmonic orchestra plays U2" - This is an AMAZING CD. I'd advise anyone who hasn't heard it before to go get it now!

And the best present I got - My Uncle gave me a tape of U2 at hammersmith palais in London that he recorded off the radio in 1983! I never even knew he had it. I don't own any bootlegs or anything so it was really great to get this. Surprise presents are always the best!

I got two U2 books: the encyclopedia and Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2 from my husband. Isn't he cool?

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Back
Top Bottom