ok, those of you who heard all 4 clips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
actually,every time i hear MIRACLE DRUG ,it sounds like a Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack outtake.can't help it. So,i'll give it an B-

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU- B+
LOVE AND PEACE/ELSE- A+
VERTIGO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+

From what I heard I don't think it's going to be more inovative, interesting or as good as Achtung Baby but those clips are crap and very short so who knows for sure, really... :shrug: But what I can say for sure is that all of those songs sounded really good so I think the album will be very good. I just hope that Bono writes some great lyrics and that ALL the songs sund great!! :hyper:

I think these clips are all total shit, and do not pay the respect to the hard work that U2 have been doing...but to know this I must have listened...damn that curiosity, if I was a cat I would have spent all 9.

RobVox

Some comments are really funny and i REMEMBER reading the same posts before ATYCLB...some of you seem ready to see things bigger than they are...
I am a die-hard fan...do not worry but I doubt it will be as good as AB and JT...
Anyway, we will enjoy it as it comes !!!!!!!

If 13 years ago someone showed me 4 bad quality clips of 1 one minute from zoo station, one, the fly and ultra-violet (random examples) from an album that would be called "Achtung Baby" I wouldn't say that that album would be the best music record ever done. I only said it two years after its release btw.

For now all that we have is signs that it might be a great album.

That is a wise point of view...
I was saying that because when you expect too much, you might be disapointed then...AB and JT are masterpieces, no one ever argues about that. It is also acknowledged that an artist is not in a position to produce hundreds of masterpieces throughout his carrier. That is the same story about a sportsman, no team will be worldchampion every year until the end of the world...

Bono is always very optimistic about the quality of their music and that is positive, because he is into it. He has got the faith in what they do. Nevertheless, the result is not always up to the challenge and when Bono was saying that he would expect "Stuck in a moment" would be a massive hit, there are few people here who would rate this song higher than "One" or WOWY...

That said, I will certainly love this album because U2 is a part of my life and even if it gives me the chill only in the first few days, I will go back to AB and JT ...Unforgetable fire...then...

JT and AB are albums that changed lifes of many people here. You could listen to them 1000 times and still cry while listening to them. They have grown on us.... Can the next album be as powerful...I doubt but what has been made so far is already a miracle...

I believe that their life in the 30s was much more difficult...edge was divorcing, the band had also to prove themselves they could be A GREAT BAND FOR POSTERITY...which was still not the case before AB. Now they have achieved this goal. Their family life seems to be great these days, that would explain why they could not do again "Love is blindness"....

I know some of you hate when we mix here their private life and their work...but both are linked...

U2 is part of my life, as the sun and rain, as your comments in this forum where every point of view needs to be respected.

In the end, I might be wrong, and How to dismantle an atomic bomb could be their third masterpiece...I have doubt, but I am ready for another miracle...

Good post Man Ray. I think judging by the 4 clips we are in for an amazing album, but will it top JT or AB? Hard to say, even if it is AMAZING album that hits #1 in every country, you still cant say its as good until after a few years and see if it has truly stood the test of time. "One" is my favorite song of all time, I hear it at least once a day, and I still get chills sometimes when I hear it. Although, I think they could do another "Love is Blindness," that song is about terrorism isnt it?

Man Ray=excellent posts.

I remember having all of those 30 second clips from ATYCLB, all 11 songs, prior to the album being released.

Also, I remember having a certain expectation about the music, based on those clips, even if it was only 5 mintues out of an hour or so of music. In hindsight, it's pure stupidity to base an expectation on so little. But, it's a natural reaction, just like so many are haing with these shitty clips.

And when Vertigo comes out, I'm not going to expect the rest of the album to sound that way, good or bad. Beautiful Day didn't encapsule all of ATYCLB, nor did Discotheque with POP or The Fly with Achtung, or Numb with Zooropa and so on and so on.

It's very hard to resist downloading the new music, shitty quality or not. But it's just a taste, a small taste. Just enough to get us through the last several weeks. I for one, am placing no expectation based on the sound of those clips.

4 shitty clips, a total of about, what? 6 mintues of music.
People are setting themselves up for dissapointment, I can see it now. I think people should just let the music happen, as much as they can.

Try to let it surprise you, if you can.

The only way I have figured out to do so, is to literally not expect anything. Sure, I have an idea about what the album might sound like. But I am also 99.9% positive that I am wrong. How could I not be? How could anyone on this forum not be wrong about their expectations? Just try not to expect too much, if anything. Because the music on that album is not going to change.

Thanks for you support Radem R and U2DM fan ! I appreciate...!!!
Well, you know what clemenceau said once..."The best part in love is when you climb the stairs"....

That is why, I will not listen to any of the clips before the album comes out...

Back
Top Bottom