ok, so if u2 can play only 2 songs at the rnr hall of fame..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
what will they be?

that is really tough.

I'm gonna say "I will follow" and "one".

mofo and one.

theyll never play mofo again, im sure of that.

but i think one is a safe bet, as would streets.

A big song from Joshua Tree and a big song from Achtung Baby.

If they have an album out when they're inducted, maybe they'll play what ever song from that album that's popular at the time.

well something from the 80's, i think you'll get one of these 3 :
i will follow, out of control or streets

and then maybe something from the 90's
one, until the end of the world or maybe please?

or maybe they might really supprise us and play electrical storm?:shrug:

Hopefully Full Metal Jacket and Bulldozer! :D

If not, something from each of AB/JT and ATYCLB.

My bet is Streets and Elevation.

I don't think they will play bad because it was not one of their biggest hits, and bono doesn't sound so good on it anymore.

I can't envision streets because of the small-venue/intimate atmosphere of the ceremony; maybe a reason they didn't play it at irving plaza.

I don't envision anything from atyclb.

I still say I will follow and one.:wink:

Though One is huge for U2 and undoubtedly one of the band's best songs, I think the evening has a more rock feeling and that a ballad probably wouldn't be the best choice. But anything U2 picks will be awesome!

Very hard to decide .... but it's gotta be something from the 80s and then the 90s........my personal choice

"One", "Out of control"........if they're going all rock then...."I will follow" and the New single(supposedly a rock song!!!fingers crossed!!)

one and two and three and four
and a new song that no one's ever heard before. that'd be sweet. it'd be sweeter if they did that at the oscars, but i reeaally doubt it. sigh. gnash. bango.

SkeeK said:
one and two and three and four
and a new song that no one's ever heard before. that'd be sweet. it'd be sweeter if they did that at the oscars, but i reeaally doubt it. sigh. gnash. bango.

You cant perform any other song at the Oscars other than what you're nominated for. It wouldnt make sense to play anything else, the only reason you're there in the first place is for that song.

Okay, since this is like a jam thing with whoever is inducting the band (I'm thinking like No Doubt since they're like way good friends with U2), I'd say Pride because it's a way good sing-a-long.

I'd say:

1. I Will Follow - since it pretty much started everything for U2

2. One or I Still Haven't Found - because it will turn into one of those "all-star" jams and both those songs lend themselves to that. Plus, "Still Haven't Found..." was a huge hit.

u2popmofo said:

You cant perform any other song at the Oscars other than what you're nominated for. It wouldnt make sense to play anything else, the only reason you're there in the first place is for that song.

I know. That's why it'd be even crazier if U2 didn't But they aren't so into doing CraZY things anymore it seems.

I would say Streets, but this is a dinner in a room rather than an arena and the song demands a bigger venue. So...I'm gonna say Bad and Walk On. :) If they have something that rocks hard and hits people hard on the new album, then maybe substitute that for Walk On.

Back
Top Bottom