ok, so if u2 can play only 2 songs at the rnr hall of fame..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Streets for sure.

Like previously stated, if their new album is out at the time, they'll probably play the big hit from it. Kind of "our newest hit and our greatest hit!" If not, then maybe Beautiful Day or One. I think they realize in many ways that Beautiful Day is the song that pretty much saved their ass. If they had released a lesser song as the first single from ATYCLB, it wouldn't have done nearly as well.

Streets= Old
Beautiful Day or Walk On or some other song yet to be recorded= New

I think they'll take "Streets" as it's THE song that best defines the band. The second song will be something newer I'm sure to sort of say "we're still here and kickin' ".

gabrielvox said:
:scream:

GAH!

I cant figure this out!!

When/where is this happening, can someone be a peach and clue me in??

:huh:

It's just hypothetical discussion, dear. ;)

I think they'll prolly do a medley thing closer to what they did at the Super Bowl or VMA's rather than play 2 songs in their entirety so they can squish a few more songs in. I agree with whoever said ISHFWILF would be the all-star jam.

I think definitely One.

And then either Streets or Still haven't found. Maybe SBS.

Maybe they could try something we are not expecting and and play an old Song that really suprises those who only came to know the band within the last 10 years(who also are'nt fanatics like us).
Something that can make people go... Shit.. that's U2... F*#&ing awesome! Why have I not heard them like that before!!?
Exit is what I have in mind along with a new song.

And why not try and blow the house down..after all it's gotta be seriously hard rock n roll, that's what the place is all about hey??

Maybe they could try something we are not expecting and and play an old Song that really suprises those who only came to know the band within the last 10 years(who also are'nt fanatics like us).

Good call Stagman.

Exit would work in that respect. So would God Part 2, 3 Sunrises, and Wire.

"40" might be a nice one to cap off the night

gah, too many good ideas here
I can't see them playing streets for the aforementioned reasons.
I hope they play the Fly.
I'd get a big kick out of it if they played THTBA and SBS, though they won't.
I'd get a bigger kick if they played Out of Control and... probably Beautiful Day.
Exit would be awesome.
"40" would be awesome.
:scratch:

Back
Top Bottom