Ok, let's take a breath and get a...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
If there is a pro-POP thread, isn't it possible for you to simply ignore it? Don't go in and read it if you hate the album so much.
i agree. i've noticed this in just about any pro- or anti-whatever thread started just about everywhere on the forum. for example, in LS there is a madonna CELEBRATION forum and i've seen over five posts from people saying how much she sucks. i'm not her biggest fan or anything, but come on. if you hate madonna, that's fine. either keep it to yourself or start your own thread.

the same should also go to any (for example) anti-pop thread. us pop lovers should try our best to just stay the hell away from it. if it's just so important that you have to shout from the rooftops how much it rocks, then start a new thread. imo, it's starting to get kind of annoying to see threads that are clearly for celebrating or criticizing a certain artist, album, whatever, and people who disagree come in and give their two cents. a discussion thread (ex: does october rock or suck? give your opinions here!) is different; it's calling for both sides to weigh their opinion.

Sheesh!

POP.

It's a fucking record people. Not a religion, not a cause for genocide, not a way of life.

Like it, don't like it. Who really freaking cares? To rail against someone who likes it is lame, and to get all defensive about it is lame also.

It's ok to not like something a rock and roll band does. Hell, I love my husband with all my heart and soul, more than anything else or anyone else on this planet, but :shocked: sometimes even he pisses me off. But the world does not stop turning. We get through it. So I think all of us can handle our favorite band bugging us a little. And we can handle it when others are bugged by the band. If you can't handle it, you may indeed need to get a life.

[/rant]

Martha, what you said makes total sense, which is why I try to stay out of these types of arguments. Of course everyone's entitled to their opinion and, like HelloAngel said, when it comes to U2, these opinions are likely to be strong ones. And usually it doesn't bug me. But sometimes the negativity just gets to me a wee bit, you know? What Khanada said is basically what I was trying to get at. I didn't mean to make it sound all dramatic. :)

Now come, everyone...dance with me:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Also, to corroborate with Martha here...

Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has a right to express it. Everyone must deal with whatever opinion someone has.

As long as you keep it nice and don't attack someone for their beliefs, I don't care what people say about any record.

Sicy said:

Oh I know it's because I say I don't like it. What about everyone else who jumps in? Can't THEY just keep it to themselves? No one can fight alone. If no one cannot accept that I do not like this album and I do not have to shut up because you do not want to hear it, that is not my problem. Like I said, you are not allowed to dislike this album on this forum. Okay so you can say it, but you will suffer for it. Not saying it the same as censorship, the same as being intimidated into submission. Everybody thinks I'm so bizarre to hate it, what about all the ones who constantly get so worked up and frenzied because of what I say? :confused: Gypsy doens't like Pop, and she's going to let you know about it. So what.

Please remember too this thread was started by someone else about people being upset over people fighting over albums, and I don't think it had anything to do with me. I agree with everything the original poster said, because it's true.

Cowgirl, I'm not surprised you don't want to discuss this in private. It's no fun for anyone if they can't bash me here! ;)

If you were going to drown out the sound of people arguing about the "incompleteness" of a U2 CD......you'd have to put on MOFO, and crank the fucking volume!.....

C'mon people ...POP rocks!!!:yes: :up:

Nate Dogg said:
If you were going to drown out the sound of people arguing about the "incompleteness" of a U2 CD......you'd have to put on MOFO, and crank the fucking volume!.....

C'mon people ...POP rocks!!!:yes: :up:

:lol: :laugh: That'd be okay with me!

GypsyHeartgirl said:

Oh I know it's because I say I don't like it. What about everyone else who jumps in? Can't THEY just keep it to themselves? No one can fight alone. If no one cannot accept that I do not like this album and I do not have to shut up because you do not want to hear it, that is not my problem. Like I said, you are not allowed to dislike this album on this forum. Okay so you can say it, but you will suffer for it. Not saying it the same as censorship, the same as being intimidated into submission. Everybody thinks I'm so bizarre to hate it, what about all the ones who constantly get so worked up and frenzied because of what I say? :confused: Gypsy doens't like Pop, and she's going to let you know about it. So what.

Please remember too this thread was started by someone else about people being upset over people fighting over albums, and I don't think it had anything to do with me. I agree with everything the original poster said, because it's true.

Cowgirl, I'm not surprised you don't want to discuss this in private. It's no fun for anyone if they can't bash me here! ;)

Gypsy, I really don't think anybody gets a kick out of "bashing" you here or anything like that. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

I think it has more to do with the fact that everybody, their brother, and their second cousin once-removed on this board already KNOWS that you hate Pop! :lol:

That's fine. I don't hold that against you. However, it can get tiresome at times when you announce this fact time and time again.

Peace, people. U2 rocks, and so does everyone here, just for liking them! :happy:

GypsyHeartgirl said:

Ok, you had a winkie there but I don't really appreciate being branded as one of these gypsy bashers. I didn't want to discuss because I think its being gossipy, I didn't think the mods would have appreciated it, and I don't want any part. Its nothing to do with bashing you. Sheesh.
Im zooropamanda by the way, if you didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom