Ok, is the girl that gets pulled up during WOWY planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
I was watching the DVD (again) and she seems way too cool. So I started to think about from the point of view of a skeptic. Ok, yes Bono does pull people up on stage every night, but how come this one just layed there with him and sang along. She didn't try to do anything differnt. It really does seem like she was doing what she was supposed to be doing.

Discuss.

She was probably in complete shock and COULDN"T do anything else! I know I would be. And then, I don't think I would want to manhandle Bono onstage. That would be something to do backstage!

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Not everyone that gets pulled has enough coherence, guts, or wishes to grab Bono's ass. So no I don't think it was planted people's reaction are unique, and I mean singing along at a U2 concert is just second nature to every fan I don't think she was trying to be cool at all. I know plenty of people that have been up, none of them planted it was pure luck and everyone had a different reaction, I doubt that this was any different.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Haven't watched my DVD yet but I'm sure it was genuine. But then again there was all that controversy about 'good looking' people being moved to the front so you never know....

I don't get the girls who go onstage and molest him, I had numerous opportunities to grab him but it didn't cross my mind. The fact I didn't paid off!
wink.gif

I think she was picked early that evening and told that it was being filmed and asked to sign a waiver. Did she know she was going to be the one when she got up that morning No. Did she know at the start of the concert probably. I am ok with that. U2 invest a lot of money in the taping and I don't think would take the chance on pulling just anyone up not knowing how the person would react. Was the fan excited Hell yes but kept it under control knowing she was being filmed and all her friends and family were going to see her on national TV.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
And then, I don't think I would want to manhandle Bono onstage.
one db9 is more then enough

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom