Ok, How about this one: Metallica do a cover of Discotheque!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ok, How about this one: Metallica do a cover of Discotheque!

• Yes!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No!

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I was listening to the new Discotheque, trying to be objective, as I drove to Palm Springs yesterday morning (in the pouring fucking rain). And I thought, hmmm, no one really liked the idea of Metallica doing Pride. Very good reasons were offered: Metallica may not have the musical chops to do it, song too emotional for band/listener, etc. But what about Discotheque? It's a harder rocking song in many ways, not as emotional, not as sacred to U2 fans (Lord knows!).

So, would Metallica do a decent/great version of Discotheque? I think so.

SHIT!!! This was supposed to be a poll!! Never post when you've driven 100 miles through treacherous traffic in the rain!!!

Last edited:
Hmmm no, I just can't picture James yelling BOOMCHA!!! BOOMCHA!!! discotheque hehehe

PURELY hypothetically of course

Hmmm I was thinking more like Exit or Acrobat or New York for Metallica.

It would ROCK if Metallica did Acrobat, I think that song could suit them very well.

Well martha...if you can't have Metallica to do a cover of a U2 song you can always have...Sepultura :D

Their cover EP named Revolusongs will be released next month here in Brazil and later worldwide, according to their website. The EP contains a cover of Bullet the Blue Sky.

Of course I have no major expectations about it. :D

Last edited:
I think N'Sync should do "bullet" and at the "one hundred....two hundred..."part they can have choreographed dance moves.

joey fatone can throw $100 bills to the crowd.:up: :tongue:

JOFO said:
I think N'Sync should do "bullet" and at the "one hundred....two hundred..."part they can have choreographed dance moves.

joey fatone can throw $100 bills to the crowd.:up: :tongue:

:ohmy: :eyebrow: :down: :barf: :no:

Yeah...I think you can pretty much figure out what my opinion is on that idea...the thought of *N Sync even touching a U2 song, even uttering one syllable of a U2 song, is enough to give me nightmares.

*Knows you're kidding, by the way, which is good :)

Angela

Last edited:
Another one of the Metallica polls. Now if you'd consider posting a poll about Metallica covering Stay (Faraway, so close...) I'd probably vote 'yes'.

And I'm not even kidding:
...Just the bang
And the clatter
As an angel
Hits the ground
YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom