OK, here's the deal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I have ONE VHS NTSC (or something like that) format video of 5+ hrs various Canadian U2 stuff.

3+ hrs of videos, behind the scenes Elevation Tour stuff, old Canadian U2 interviews and footage, crap and funny/stupid but watchable commentary by MuchMusic on May25th when U2 were in town. Plus a couple songs of them actually playing onstage in Toronto recorded live. Followed by the...
1 hr in studio interview with the Band (very good). Followed by...
1 hr MuchMoreMusic 'The Story of U2'

Ok, so who wants it? I will warn first off that the beginning of the tape is a little chewed so you can't rewind it fully, or if you do you have to fast forward 5min. before playing. So you're prolly thinking, then why give it away? 'Cause it's got 5+ hrs of perfectly fine tape still on it! That's why!! Ahhh hell, and it's Christmas. So... the question then left to ask is this- how am I gonna give it away? I dunno. Ok, here's this- I am not feeling in the most Christmassy of moods this yr. so if you can with all of your brilliant charm and originality make my heart grow two sizes too big... then it's yours. Tell me a story, a joke, share a thought, a wish, whatever. Be creative, but be real. Entertain the board, or entertain me (svetayasofiya@hotmail.com). You decide...

Ok, let me start then. I mean, I can't ask for personal reflections w/o sharing something of my own. Here goes:

One of my favourite Christmas memories was when I was 7 I think, and my brother and I were singing Christmas Carols in front of the fire (puke). My dad was filming it all (which is the best part!). Anyway... so there we are singing, our behaviour immortalized for life on tape. I screw up the words and my brother gives me the evil eye and hits the paper as if to say 'get it right!'. A verse or two later, I screw up again and he hits the paper again and looks terribly pissed. So in my best younger sister defense, I get mad and elbow him in the side. Dad stops the singing and says 'what was that all about?! That was not very Christmassy. We just look at him like two deers caught in headlights thinking, oh god, he saw...
wink.gif
He makes us apologise and then in a huff, walk off the screen, leaving in opposite directions. lmao! It was actually very funny...

Your turn!

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Oh, and my point with the formatting is that it is compatible with North American VCR's, however, I know a lot of you Europeans have VCR's that can play both PAL and NTSC (or whatever it is), so if you can play the format my tape is in, you can enter your plea.
wink.gif

lol. damn, I'd enter, but I just did one of these sorts of contests myself.

But I'll give you a reflection for free.
smile.gif

Christmas in the jungle. I was six. My family had just moved up the mountain and we were sharing a house with another family. It was built out of split bamboo and stood on stilts. Looking back, I suppose to the adults it must have been a very stressful situation, living in such close quarters in such a foreign environment. But for me, my brother and our playmates, it was great fun. We hooked up swings underneath the house and used to get our kicks seeing who could swing the highest and knock their head on the underside of the floor.
biggrin.gif

Anyways, it was our first Christmas up there, and my grandparents in the States had sent a big package of Christmas gifts and goodies all the way by boatmail. The only problem was, the area we lived in was remote and was only accessible by hiking at least a day down to the nearest town on the coast. So off my dad and our neighbor went to retrieve and bring home Christmas.

It began to rain. And when it rains, the river floods and the trails become treacherous. We assumed and hoped actually on the day that they were scheduled to return, that they wouldn't take any undue risks and that they would bunk down on the trail. Then, from the misty haze and rain we heard the familiar notes to "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas". And lo and behold, here came my dad and Mr. Brown...burdened down with huge packs covered in bright tarps to shield them from the rain.

It was a very Merry Christmas. A green Christmas in Sulawesi.

smile.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
lol. damn, I'd enter, but I just did one of these sorts of contests myself.

Sula~ If you want the tape, I'll put you in the pot. I am not trying to compete with what you did, I just have this tape I made for someone months ago and they never ever made an attempt to get it, so I want to give it to someone here. Anyway, I thought having people tell me stories of Christmas or whatever, would cheer me up. The holidays have a way of getting you down sometimes.

Anyway, I loved your story btw!! That must have been quite the experience. Thanks so much for sharing. Wow.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Angel:
Sula~ If you want the tape, I'll put you in the pot. I am not trying to compete with what you did, I just have this tape I made for someone months ago and they never ever made an attempt to get it, so I want to give it to someone here. Anyway, I thought having people tell me stories of Christmas or whatever, would cheer me up. The holidays have a way of getting you down sometimes.

Anyway, I loved your story btw!! That must have been quite the experience. Thanks so much for sharing. Wow.
wink.gif

oh. nonononono. Competition. That was the farthest thing from my mind. I just have enough U2 stuff to stay content (for a little while anyways
wink.gif
) Christmas gifts at Christmas are beautiful, and gifts between U2 fans are lovely at any time of the year. I'm thrilled to see you doing this.
smile.gif
It sounds like an awesome tape which will totally make someone's day!
biggrin.gif

And I know what you mean about the holidays. I always find myself on mood swings...up/down/up/down. Thanks for the opportunity to relive a fun memory. It made me smile to just think back and try to relate it.
smile.gif

-sula

Back
Top Bottom