Ok, Here's How This is Going to Go Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Here's what's going to happen over the next couple of months leading up to the release date.

September 1, 2004 - Principle Management and U2 hold a news conference in Dublin and announce the name and release date of the new album (set for November 22 in World and 23 in NA) and the name and release date of the single. Also the announcement that there will be a tour beginning in March of 2005.

September 8, 2004 - New U2 single, "Vertigo", leaks on to the internet.

September 20, 2004 - Single, "Vertigo", and video released simultaneously everywhere but NA. Video is released to NA

September 21, 2004 - Single, "Vertigo", released to NA. Principle Management holds a news conference stating that due to the theft of the album and the success of the single that they are pushing back the release date of the album early.

October 8, 2004 - 3 songs from new U2 album leaked on the internet. This comes from the "stolen" disc of Edge's.

October 25, 2004 - New U2 album, "Hanover Quay", released to the World.

October 26, 2004 - New U2 album, "Hanover Quay", released to North America.

December 13, 2004 - Hanover Quay confirmed debut at #1. Second single, "All Because of You", released to the World with video.

December 14, 2004 - "All Because of You" single released to North America.

January 17, 2005 - Third Single "Native Son" released to the World with video.

January 18, 2005 - "Native Son" released to North America.

March 9, 2005 - "Vertigo" tour begins in Miami, FL, USA.

Bet on it. :wink:

DaveC said:

September 21, 2004 - Single, "Vertigo", released to NA.

I like all these singles for NA, so I won't have to pay import prices at Tower for the fuckers. :mad:

Although I don't think Interscope is suddenly going to start releasing real singles here.

I've heard rumors that PM is in negotiations with Apple to release some live material to iTunes. I'm sooo hoping they also put the new album up on iTunes before it's officially released. :hyper: I've gotten a couple of albums early that way. :happy:

Last edited:
If the Album is released on October 26, we will know by November 3 whether it hit #1 or not. You Definitely won't have to wait until December 13. If the album were to be released on November 23, we would know by December 1 Whether it hit #1 in its first week.

DaveC said:
Here's what's going to happen over the next couple of months leading up to the release date.

September 1, 2004 - Principle Management and U2 hold a news conference in Dublin and announce the name and release date of the new album (set for November 22 in World and 23 in NA) and the name and release date of the single. Also the announcement that there will be a tour beginning in March of 2005.

September 8, 2004 - New U2 single, "Vertigo", leaks on to the internet.

September 20, 2004 - Single, "Vertigo", and video released simultaneously everywhere but NA. Video is released to NA

September 21, 2004 - Single, "Vertigo", released to NA. Principle Management holds a news conference stating that due to the theft of the album and the success of the single that they are pushing back the release date of the album early.

October 8, 2004 - 3 songs from new U2 album leaked on the internet. This comes from the "stolen" disc of Edge's.

October 25, 2004 - New U2 album, "Hanover Quay", released to the World.

October 26, 2004 - New U2 album, "Hanover Quay", released to North America.

December 13, 2004 - Hanover Quay confirmed debut at #1. Second single, "All Because of You", released to the World with video.

January 17, 2005 - Third Single "Native Son" released to the World with video.

March 9, 2005 - "Vertigo" tour begins in Miami, FL, USA.

Bet on it. :wink:

I'd be perfectly satisfied with that order of things :)

The single will be available before any type of press conference.
If Sept 1st some press conferenc takes place. Then the single (leaked to radio or the internet) will be at our disposal within the next 4 weeks.

The big POPmart press conference was at K-Mart in Feb 97. Everyone had heard Discotheque by then, as a matter of fact the video was already on MTV. Beautiful Day was on Intereference about 6 weeks before the single was officially released. I think it was intentionally leaked by the band.

It's twice the publicity at half the price.
1-leak it radio and the net
2-then do the offical shit

People who don't frequent filesharing portals or boards like this might not even hear it until it's offically released. Granted that it's a much smaller % of people than it used to be.

Some type of leak will occur before Sept 1st. take that to the bank.

Wow, what a carefully thought out calendar DaveC has created!
Sounds pretty good...though I agree with those who feel funny about the non-traditional release stuff. But that's probably just my age showing--if U2 wants to keep recruiting new fans it's probably a great idea to become part of the iTunes world since a lot of folks don't even buy CDs anymore right?

That Target CD is so fantastic indeed!

And why do you like, may I ask DaveC, the title Hanover Quay?
I mean, I don't have any good reason to *dislike* it, but it doesn't hold special appeal or anything...is it the 'personal' hereswherewebe kinda vibe...or am I missing a deeper meaning as well?

cheers all...

i know

checking them all

cant really remember which threads I posted that in

Flaming Friar Sr said:
i sooo hope they dont do anything with itunes. just release it in a normal way

I tottaly agree with this. I could understand a compeltely online release including all online music services but not an itunes exclusive release

the protected format aac they use sucks...if I buy the music I want to toss it on as many burned cd mixes and as many mp3 players as I want.

iTunes is such a joke. If I'm going to pay for music, I'm just gonna buy the CD, not pay to get a copy off the internet. Besides, there's lots of ways to download it for free.

Back
Top Bottom