Oi Rick, I want trumpet flourishes!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinn77

The Fly
Whats with the studio version of "Saints"??? Rick Rubin for once has cloth ears. The damn trumpets made the live version, the studio version lacks momentum without them. I WANT TRUMPETS!!!!!!!!!!!

The horns ruined, killed all the energy and passion of the live version. I can't believe how come some fan could like that kind of silly, cheesy, cheap, pathetic, absurd arrangement

jinn77 said:
Whats with the studio version of "Saints"??? Rick Rubin for once has cloth ears. The damn trumpets made the live version, the studio version lacks momentum without them. I WANT TRUMPETS!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I've posted that although it's good, in comparison to the live version it's lacking. That extra ad-lib by Bono helped 2.

Re: Re: Oi Rick, I want trumpet flourishes!!!!!

ponkine said:
The horns ruined, killed all the energy and passion of the live version. I can't believe how come some fan could like that kind of silly, cheesy, cheap, pathetic, absurd arrangement

Because it wasn't silly, cheesy, cheap, pathetic, or absurd.

I think that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, opinion or not. It's one thing to not care for the horns, but give me just a small break.

You'd think the horn players shouted "Yay! Yay! Bono!" instead of playing notes.

cheap, pathetic? what the hell r u talking about?

"saints" is a song for new orleans, the home of great music like jazz and the blues, how can their not be trumpets in it?

what an idiotic statement. if u dont like the version, don't like it.

chill the F out.

Also would have been fitting to have trumpets on the track considering the whole reason for recording the song.

ponkine said:

:lol:

The more of your posts that I read, the more I think you must be the alternate username of some satirical genius. Because surely one person can't be this negative and dense.

ponkine said:

Remember people, this is coming from a person who doesn't know anything. At all. Void. Blank. Empty space.

I liked the horns. One can prefer the song without them, but a description like that? Wow.

Yah, I just listen to a cleaned up version of their live performance. I think the horns actually keep the momentum of the song going and add a little spice :up:

studio version + Ok live version + Super(dome)

love the horns! Description of giving momentum, is exactly right.

Good news for UK singles buyers. Just checked out HMV's on line store. The saints single will have the Live New Orleans version (with trumpets and Bono ad lib) as the b-side. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom