Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guess you didn't get my Bruce Willis Die Hard thing then... too bad.

um, not to interrupt, buut...

we were watching a video about the exploitation of south african gold miners in class and it kept playing Silver and Gold. It'd play for 10 seconds and I'd get all excited, and then be off for 15, and then play for another 10.. continue for 10 minutes.
very distracting
:)

i went to a client meeting last week at an auto dealership in Florida. i was not looking forward to the meeting because the client has been a problem child, but as soon as i got out of my car what did i hear "do you feel love" :love: playing over the loud speakers in the car lot. so yeah i turned to my manager and said "ok nevermind, i like this client now!" she didn't understand. :der: :lol: I am a dork i know. :reject:

:lol:

love how you guys just invaded this thread like that, wish i could have been here...i have a feeling that i should be glad i wasn't though.

LOL...I was in Biology class one day, and the class next door was watching a movie (and playing it really loud) and I heard the opening riff from Mysterious Ways. I jumped up and shouted "HOLY SHIT!!! THAT'S U2!!!" and I looked around and everyone was staring at me.

:reject:

DaveC said:
LOL...I was in Biology class one day, and the class next door was watching a movie (and playing it really loud) and I heard the opening riff from Mysterious Ways. I jumped up and shouted "HOLY SHIT!!! THAT'S U2!!!" and I looked around and everyone was staring at me.

i wish i had people like you in my classes.

martha said:

Which one? Not KTLA.

Eew. Do you watch that icky bimbo on channel 11?

:reject: yes I watch Good Day LA

that icky bimbo :lol: You and rick are SOO going to get along in Vegas.

Actually, I watch channel 11 because I like Steve Edwards...I've been watching him since I was a kid.

DaveC said:

see, when I hear U2 I just kind of make like a prarie dog...
prariedog6-small.jpg

DaveC said:

lol. I'm the U2 freak in my school and have done stuff like that. For example- the day that Best of 1990-2000 came out, I wrote on one of my teacher's blackboards in HUGE letters that the new U2 album was out. My best friend was in that classroom the period after I was, and apparently everyone was laughing at my sign. I don't see why- just because I listen to GOOD music instead of that Britney Spears crap doesn't mean they should laugh at me.

My local news channel plays mofo at the end of each show...

wow, I envy u guys.....the news stations as well as radio channels(well except one music radio channel) don't have good taste here.....they usually play crap local bands (that i wouldn't pay a cent even to hear them in Subway stations) before going to commercials.

........too many Ginos in T.O........:sick:

When I walked into work yesterday morning, they had the radio on and as I was heading toward the office to put my coat away ISHFWILF came on. I turned it up and walked into the office and started singing to the other manager. She knows I'm a total goofball, but not a complete U2 freak. :)

i was walking through the campus center and some guy who had a table set up and was selling stuff had a radio playing, SIAM was on. i sat down on the couch nearby cos i had to listen to the end of the song. i forfited a warm bus ride back to my dorm to hear the last half of that song.

I once loitered outside a music store because Hands that Built America was playing on their outdoor speakers. That was going to get coffee. On the way back I loitered to hear HMTHKMKM. I never actually ENTER this store because at least two salespeople follow me around like I'm a shoplifter, but I don't mind breaking the law for U2 outside it!

for a moment i thought there was some u2 news on a new album or something.

it turned out to be something alright.

LOL...good stories :D

I already said this once before, but a few weeks ago, I was getting ready to go to catch my bus to school (I was already late). I went downstairs to my bedroom and the radio was on very faintly. My hawk-like ears for anything U2 immediately recognized the opening harmonics from Pride. I plunked myself down on my bed, jacked up the radio volume, and listened to the whole song. I refused to leave for fear of committing blasphemy. After the song was over I left, walked down to the bus stop (in -30 degrees Celcius temperature, mind you) to find out that my bus had already left. But ohhhhh was it ever worth it. ;)

Another story: I was volunteering for the World Junior Hockey Championships (that's Under-20 for all you who don't know) when they were held in my city of Halifax back in December. My job was to stay below the bleachers and make sure everything with the video recording systems were running smoothly. Every so often I was to go upstairs (with my special pass) and go up to the press box to see if any of the reporters needed anything. One day, while under the bleachers before the Belarus - Switzerland game, I heard the Jeep Mix of Lemon come on. I could barely hear it though through the seats, so (without my pass) ran through a security checkpoint, up the stairs and into the spectators area, all the while being chased by security, just to hear U2. Eventually the security guys gave up trying to chase me down once they realized who I was, and I stayed upstairs for about 2 hours (I was only supposed to be allowed up there for 10 minutes at a time), during which they played the entire B-Sides CD of the Best of 1990-2000 on shuffle. I was in bliss. Then during the game later that evening, they played a whole bunch more U2 songs during the Canada - USA semi-final game...they even played Bad and Hands...I was in shock...and more bliss. :D

The guitar riff from "The Fly" was used as coming-back-from-a-commercial music on CNN Headline News about 10 minutes ago!

Does U2 own CNN now or is someone there just a huge fan? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom