ohhhhh on border land we ruuuuun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I'm listening to A Sort Of Homecoming right now and I thought I'd start an appreciation thread for it. I love love love Bono's lyrics in this song, especially the chorus bit. I love the way it just builds up into this whole raging climax thing. I love the instrumentation too, it's just gives all this images of snow (I live in a tropical country and would kill to be in a snowy place), and Larry's drums are pretty cool. So here's to Homecoming!

I love the UF! The entire record is phenomenal...or how ever you spell that. A Sort of Homecoming and Bad are my two pics off that one, although Pride and Wire both kick arse also.

I love UF and ASOH! The whole album is beautiful and ASOH is a lovely sounding and artistic song. I like the words and the music. I can't say enough good things aboout it. I was really deeply in love with the UF era in its day and still am.

I love ASOH, but I like the version from Wide Awake in America somewhat better than the UF version. The lyrics are so beautiful, especially the last part: "And your heart beats so slow/through the rain and fallen snow/across the fields of mourning/to a light that's in the distance/Oh don't sorrow, no don't weep/for tonight at last/I am coming home/I am coming home."

ASOH is amazing! I love the lyrics especially. I think UF is my favourite album lyrically. I just love the way all the lines seem to flow on from each other so well, if you know what I mean. You can get lost in the songs so easily, just listening to the lyrics. And a lot are quite hard to decipher I think. I still have no clue what half the songs on that album are about. I don't even know half the lyrics. If you asked me to sing Wire or Elvis Presley and America I wouldn't even know where to start:silent: I don't really know how to explain this very well, but I love just listening to the lyrics, without actually taking them in, if that makes any sense at all.

Bono's shades said:
I love ASOH, but I like the version from Wide Awake in America somewhat better than the UF version. The lyrics are so beautiful, especially the last part: "And your heart beats so slow/through the rain and fallen snow/across the fields of mourning/to a light that's in the distance/Oh don't sorrow, no don't weep/for tonight at last/I am coming home/I am coming home."

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Unforgettable Fire is my overall favorite U2 album! A sort of HomeComing, UF, and Promenade on full volume on your walkman is such an intense experience.
I remember listening to it on the train from Southern Italy to Bolgna to the show for Zooropa and wow.....looking at the scenery, the sunflowers in the Italian fields, and listening to U2 full blast, nothing could be better.
And in Oakland on 11/16/2001 when Scott began playing ASOH I nearly lost my mind, I had brought my Mom to the show and she just kept saying "calm down, honey" .. lol, I think I scared her...

my favourite song
personally I feel it's one of very few U2 songs which sound far better on record than live

great lyrics

Love this song. I said a little while ago it may be taking over my #1 desire to see RTSS live.. ASOH is biting at its heels.. :love:

oliveu2cm said:
Love this song. I said a little while ago it may be taking over my #1 desire to see RTSS live.. ASOH is biting at its heels.. :love:

Oh yeah! If I could hear both of those songs live I could die happy! :)

Have any of you heard A Sort of Homecoming from Slane 1? It's really cool hearing them play it in Ireland! And is it just me, or are Dublin crowds always the best crowds? Everytime I get a Dublin boot, I love it cuz the ppl in the crowd always seem like they are havin' so much fun and they sing along to every word. :)

Back
Top Bottom