Oh no don't be shy, it takes a crowd to cry...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Mmmm. I'm listening to this song right now (HMTMKMKM) and I'm hoping that maybe it will make an appearance this leg. I was hoping we'd see it on Elevation, but no luck.

What's the consensus of seeing this song live ?(for the first time, or again, depending on the person)

I'd love to see this song live. I feel it's one of U2's best songs from the nineties, and I've quoted one verse in multiple debates: "They want you to be Jesus/They'll go down on one knee/But they'll want their money back if you're alive at thirty-three."

While I'd like to think it will make a comeback and it seems to have been a popular single, I'm honestly not optimistic.

It's because they'll be playing Ultraviolet, right Axver?:wink:

I can't wait for this tour!

FullonEdge2 said:
It's because they'll be playing Ultraviolet, right Axver?:wink:

They're too busy practicing 11 O'clock Tick Tock to think about that!

HaHa! I'd love to hear tick tock too.

Edge, however, seems to have ruled that out. (although ya never know)

But he did mention they were rehearsing, not just thinking about Ultraviolet

FullonEdge2 said:
HaHa! I'd love to hear tick tock too.

Edge, however, seems to have ruled that out. (although ya never know)

But he did mention they were rehearsing, not just thinking about Ultraviolet

Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see ...

*desperately hopes* Tick, tock, tick, tock ...

Axver, my worst nightmare is that they play 11 O'clock Tick Tock at the show before the one you go to and the one after the one you go to, but play Ultraviolet at the show you're at.

:sad:

axver is cracking me up with all the optimism.....
:D
i liked the song ( hold me...) live. bono entering in all trashy with the cigarette smoke hacking and coughing and being all sexy
*sigh*
i love trashy bono
and nice bono and whatever else
baby baby baby light my wayyyyyy

It bothered me that this song was given to a soundtrack rather than being included on an album. I think it would have fit fine on POP given it's subject matter.

ramblin rose said:
Axver, my worst nightmare is that they play 11 O'clock Tick Tock at the show before the one you go to and the one after the one you go to, but play Ultraviolet at the show you're at.

That is too terrifying for me to even think about. My brain is rebelling against the very concept and won't process it. Though I guess it now gives me reason to attend every show I can possibly attend!

... and I'm starting to think that if they do play Ultra Violet at a show I'm at, the setlist nerd in me will cause me to leap wildly in the air and yell to the person next to me "They haven't played this since 28 August 1993! TWELVE YEARS!"

Axver said:

That is too terrifying for me to even think about. My brain is rebelling against the very concept and won't process it. Though I guess it now gives me reason to attend every show I can possibly attend!

... and I'm starting to think that if they do play Ultra Violet at a show I'm at, the setlist nerd in me will cause me to leap wildly in the air and yell to the person next to me "They haven't played this since 28 August 1993! TWELVE YEARS!"

I'm thinking, the setlist nerd that you are, that we should put you on the spot and start naming off songs to see if you know what the last date was it was played. "Ultraviolet...definitely 28 August 1993, definitely, definintely." :wink: Actually, you could show off your setlist smarts with us!

U2Fan101 said:

I'm thinking, the setlist nerd that you are, that we should put you on the spot and start naming off songs to see if you know what the last date was it was played. "Ultraviolet...definitely 28 August 1993, definitely, definintely." :wink: Actually, you could show off your setlist smarts with us!

Heh, that'd be great fun, thouh I'm not quite sure I'd be up to that - for some songs, I know the date, while others I know the city. Amusingly, the ones I know the best are songs that ended their live careers on ZooTV or Popmart, the two worst tours as far as setlist variety was concerned. When I'm poring over setlists, I'm often found reading JT/Lovetown and Elevation sets.

I once wrote an essay on the history of 11 O'clock Tick Tock live, though ...

Back
Top Bottom