Oh crap. I just realized this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
We will know who the next president is before we hear this damn album.

That means either the election is too soon. Or the album doesn't come out soon enough. Or both. :|

I'm going to need to listen to HTDAAB a LOT when dubya gets reelected. Either that or shoot myself...

At least that'll be one thing to look forward to post Nov. 2. Kinda weird coincidence/pattern, but, even though I personally loved "POP," it seems the better selling or most beloved U2 records have come about during Republican administrations. Maybe they just had more to say about how screwed up things were, i.e., Reagan's America with JT and to some extent War at the height of the cold war. AB during all the change post Soviet Union/German reunification. By 1997, things were going along pretty great, economy booming, nation seemed to be riding on a wave of leasurely self obsession, reveling in peace and prosperity and the thrill of new technology dominating all. So maybe some of the big issues, the zeitgeist, not to be too high-minded here, were not on the radar for "Pop." But by 2000, even though U2 wrote ATYCLB before dickwad got into office, there was just something different in the air, an expectation of trouble, uncertainty at the turning of the millennium, and who knows, if you believe the Jungian view, maybe we all were beginning to smell the coming of darker days.

But maybe this is all entirely random and pointless. So forget it.

Last edited:
Downunder we have an election in 3 weeks. Very similar situation to you guys and gals over there in the US with a conservative government in power. Ill stop here don't want to get too political

Just as long as both Bush and Kerry lose and I have a new U2 album, I'll be happy.

I know I'll get at least two thirds of that!

Well i am from scotland so i dont really care who wins the election (maybe i should as blair seems to love bush) but as long as this album rocks i will be happy.:wink:

Wow. You would think Kerry is running against Castro or Che Guevara. Oh, wait, a lot of liberal left-wingers don't think those guys are too bad:wink: Anyway, this is how democracy works. The way some people talk, the 1980s was a fascist decade with Gestapo and Totenkopf running around persecuting everyone. I think we need to have a little perspective here.

hopefully, the new album will pick my spirits up, because i have a bad feeling that Bush is going to win.:(

shart1780 said:
Wow this is a board full of liberals.

siren.gif

whoop... whoop... it's the obvious alarm :wink:

we non lib's are like the dark side here in interference.

shart1780 said:
Wow this is a board full of liberals.

Hilarious. I don't even get steamed anymore. I just feel like laughing.

As I laugh at conservatives who put all liberals into one nice tidy box.

I am a liberal, but I'm not anti-Republican. I am, however, anti-Bush. The Bush/Cheney administration is the worst in at least 80 years. They have lied, caused the deaths of thousands and continue to lie about it. They have created an illegal war that the world doesn't support. They have made the U.S. a laughing-stock. While the economy would have suffered regardless of who was president due to the dot.com bust, every action Bush has done seems to have hurt more than helped. Recent news reports MORE lay-offs than expected - even this late in the election year.

Yet it appears that people in this country will re-elect the man because he's more of a war-monger than Kerry, even though Kerry actually fought in a war while Bush ran from it. The irony is too rich for me to endure.

If only it were John McCain - now there's a Republican I respect and wish were in the White House.

Here here u2ulysses.

Don't forget dismantling hundreds of envioronmental laws, completely underfunding education, administrating the biggest roll back in civil liberty, ignoring the disaster that is our "health care" system, and increasing our dependance on foreign oil.

Its the liberals fault though. Don't blame the Republicans...they just run all three branches of our government. I know I will be following U2 next year in Europe with a Canadian flag on my backpack.

Well, if this election turns out to be like the last one there's a good possibility we will hear the new U2 album before we know who the prez is. :wink: Not that I want to live through all that again. :|

Bono's shades said:
Well, if this election turns out to be like the last one there's a good possibility we will hear the new U2 album before we know who the prez is. :wink: Not that I want to live through all that again. :|

bite your tongue! that is a very scary thought.:censored:

i have no problem with Republicans, but how intelligent people can support Bush is beyond me.

laps in judgement maybe?

mikal said:
i have no problem with Republicans, but how intelligent people can support Bush is beyond me.

laps in judgement maybe?

one time I actually agree with ya!

cmb737 said:
I know I will be following U2 next year in Europe with a Canadian flag on my backpack.

I can't believe this...you're really going to use a Canadian flag? Ugh, that's pitiful. If it were the other way around and Canadians were doing that to Americans, we'd all be hung in Texas.

God help Americans.

and me...I can't understand how any one with half a brain could support someone like Kerry who STILL hasn't said what he'd do if he were president! At least with Bush we know where the man stands and where he wants to take the country, even if we don't all agree with him...with Kerry I suppose it would be whatever kind of mood he were in that day "we need to pull out of Iraq...no...wait...we need to stay there and finish the job...no...wait..."

...doesn't change the fact that Bush will run away with this election.

Zoocoustic said:
and me...I can't understand how any one with half a brain could support someone like Kerry who STILL hasn't said what he'd do if he were president! At least with Bush we know where the man stands and where he wants to take the country, even if we don't all agree with him...with Kerry I suppose it would be whatever kind of mood he were in that day "we need to pull out of Iraq...no...wait...we need to stay there and finish the job...no...wait..."

...doesn't change the fact that Bush will run away with this election.

for your own sake, get your head out of the republican propaganda.

you're right about one thing though, i do know where bush stands and where he wants to take the country, which is why once again, i do not understand how any intelligent man or woman could support him.

Bush is a warmonger who will inexplicably win an election in November. Kerry is a man who has no personality and yet the faint potential to win an election this November.

The U2 album will keep us sane, I think.

I am getting really worried that America does not know how to dismantle the Atomic bomb that is their current course of action.

Like Bono jives.....America could/should be the leader of the world, and has a chance to "redescribe itself to the rest of the world" on SO MANY LEVELS!

Yet, this remains a distant dream...

mikal said:

you're right about one thing though, i do know where bush stands and where he wants to take the country, which is why once again, i do not understand how any intelligent man or woman could support him.

Right, like John Kerry who supported the war..........no wait he didn't...wait he did.......

Democrats had some power to make changes but they just went along for the ride because they had fear just like everyone else....

Swan269 said:

Right, like John Kerry who supported the war..........no wait he didn't...wait he did.......

Democrats had some power to make changes but they just went along for the ride because they had fear just like everyone else....

wrong. they were presented with overwhelming evidence, which turned out to be false, to go to war.

the only mistake the democratic members of the Senate and House made were believing George W. Bush. they should have known better.

and you want to talk about flip flopping? for the last 3 years, all we've heard about from Bush is how we're going to prevail in the War On Terror, and all of a sudden we can't win it?

i'm not a huge Kerry fan, but i have the understanding of how much Bush has hurt our country, and will continue to do so enormously if reelected.

Back
Top Bottom