OFFICIAL - U2.Com - New Album Out In 2009 Pt. 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #16
The Male

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhowells View Post
furthermore, this seems eerily similar to what occurred in Sep of 1996 when Pop was on the verge of being released. It was pushed back to March 1997 and we all know what circumstances came to light after the fact once Pop was released. The record was widely perceived to be a dud, it was rushed, and was only released due to intense pressure from the label. Hope we're not seeing that same game played out here.
I think we would've seen than scenario had they released the 2006 Rick Rubin sessions as an album.

As it is, it's been four fucking years. Just release the album already.

Now.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #17
Babyface

Local Time: 10:20 AM
We all have Bono to thank for this delay...

... extra time is needed so that Bono can get his fat-arse into shape for the photo shoots and the tour. period.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Quote:
like the label hearing the songs for the first time and telling the band they they stunk, thus causing these unexpected delays.

Seriously doubt it. U2 aren't exactly the band that label's push around like that... Now I'm saying that in a U2 are beyond that manner, I'm saying that in the aspect that when a label has U2 they cater so not to lose the artist, it would have to be completely out of left field for any label to step in. The songs we've heard so far are not the types of songs labels step in for...
Old 09-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I don't doubt that it'll be good.

I think they're either waiting for one or two songs to come to them that fit better into the mix, making it a more complete album, or they're toying with a double album . . .

dunh, dunh, dunh!

I do think Bono's statement is laced with PR though, but that doesn't make it complete B.S.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank0087 View Post

... extra time is needed so that Bono can get his fat-arse into shape for the photo shoots and the tour. period.
Why, have you seen him recently?

Hopefully you're joking, otherwise it's just dumb.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 11:20 AM
Am I the only one who is completely OK with them releasing the album only next year? I don't know, maybe it's because I mostly listen to "retired"/dead singers and separated bands, so I don't expect anything anyway... As long as I know the album will be out eventually...
But I understand why some of you are upset...
Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by coemgen View Post

I do think Bono's statement is laced with PR though, but that doesn't make it complete B.S.

Of course that's what Bono does, but it does coincide with Edge's comments and my theory.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #23
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by coemgen View Post
He's absolutely patronizing us, but hey, if he wants the album to be released in Q1 2008, who am I to complain? New Franz Ferdinand, Killers, and U2 in the same couple of months.

Now.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #24
War Child

Quote:
furthermore, this seems eerily similar to what occurred in Sep of 1996 when Pop was on the verge of being released. It was pushed back to March 1997 and we all know what circumstances came to light after the fact once Pop was released. The record was widely perceived to be a dud, it was rushed, and was only released due to intense pressure from the label. Hope we're not seeing that same game played out here.
god i HOPE that is what is happening. I would literally kill a walrus with a trombone to get another POP album

i say bring on the pushed back date. i want a Summery U2 album. No more christmastime releases!

I want a song about dumbbells and diving boards.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Of course that's what Bono does, but it does coincide with Edge's comments and my theory.
What's your theory and what Edge comments are you talking about?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Quote:
Seriously doubt it. U2 aren't exactly the band that label's push around like that... Now I'm saying that in a U2 are beyond that manner, I'm saying that in the aspect that when a label has U2 they cater so not to lose the artist, it would have to be completely out of left field for any label to step in. The songs we've heard so far are not the types of songs labels step in for...

I agree....label is in no position to boss U2 around.
And the 4 beach clips were promising material, not a bunch of junk.

No, this delay is definitely U2's decision.....why exactly is what is in speculation.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawgrabber View Post

I want a song about dumbbells and diving boards.
I think that's "Miami"

Old 09-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:20 AM

Well, I'm kind of bummed that the album release has been delayed, but I suppose all good things are worth waiting for. If the boys feel that the album isn't good-to-go just yet, than I'm sure I can give them the benefit of the doubt.

I guess the boys wanna end the 00's with a bang.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank0087 View Post

I hope you're being sarcastic, because this statement is just dumb and childish.

Actually I believe Bono is the one who wanted this album out before Christmas.

There are other forces in the band that keep slowing things down. Obviously there is a disagreement, Edge said so.

Bono has a way with euphemisms, it's hard most of the time to figure out what he really tries to say, that's just the way he's expressing himself and i agree that it sometimes becomes too much. But wouldn't it be boring and dull if he just came out and said: Hey guys, we fucked up, we cannot agree because Larry (or whoever) is being a asshole about the new songs?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #30
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:

The worst U2 album stinks of huge profit for the label. They do have complete freedom to do whatever they want. Their core fan base is one of the biggest. They set a high standard. Even if they lost label support they could go independent and their profit per album would skyrocket.

They are not satisfied yet. Whether it's an artistic or a marketability determination is irrelevant. These are both factors they have weighed for years when creating their product.