OFFICIAL - U2.Com - New Album Out In 2009 Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again: If U2 released an album in November, it wouldn't have competed with Viva La Vida at the Grammies. The only thing that would have got them into the same nomination cylce would have been a single release in September. Then they may have competed with a Coldplay single, but certainly not the album.

Not true. Look at ATYLB.

2 Records of the Year.

That is what they would have tried to do with No Line on the Horizon...

or

whatever!

I know how the mind of the U2 inner sanctum works.

They baulked when they realised just how good the Cold Play single Viva la Vida was.

Not true. Look at ATYLB.

2 Records of the Year.

That is what they would have tried to do with No Line on the Horizon...

or

whatever!

I know how the mind of the U2 inner sanctum works.

They baulked when they realised just how good the Cold Play single Viva la Vida was.

ATYCLB was never Album of the year.

HTDAAB was Album of the year, but in 2006, not 2005.

I'm all for Coldplay winning Grammies, I love their last album, but them and U2 wouldn't have nominated in the same category even if U2 released the album in November.

I'm all for Coldplay winning Grammies, I love their last album, but them and U2 wouldn't have nominated in the same category even if U2 released the album in November.

Read what I said.

Record of the Year.

Beautiful Day and Walk On were the Record of the Years in consecutive years.

U2 went early with the single of BD then cause they thought they could win.

This time they held back because they thought they would lose.

don't do it last unicorn, do what most of us do - ignore him/her:up:

I will. :wink: BUT I just have to say that Record of the year is NOT album of the year.

I don't think U2 is scared of a Coldplay song.

Btw, wasn't HTDAAB in the same Grammy cycle than Coldplay's X&Y?

Read what I said.

Record of the Year.

Well first you actually said:

Rumour on the street is that U2 are too scared they won’t win Album, Record and Single of the Year this year against the mighty Coldplay so they have collectively decided to pull back the album to a year where the mighty Coldplay haven’t recorded.

And then you changed your response after it was pointed out to you that you were full of crap.

I will. :wink: BUT I just have to say that Record of the year is NOT album of the year.

Sheesh. :doh: Thats exactly what I said.

No one in the U2 camp thought X & Y would win the Grammy.

Viva la Vida is different.

It is hard for me to come to a site where English is often not people's first language so I must be patient with you.

they'd laugh at coldplay. no one in the music game respects them anymore.

English is often not people's first language so I must be patient with you.

Let's not go there, AGAIN, okay? I understand you perfectly but you are purposely ignoring what I'm (and others here) trying to say.

Like I said U2 is not afraid of a Coldplay song, and I seriously believe this. But you keep insisting on your weird theories. Let go, okay?

Read what I said.

Record of the Year.

Beautiful Day and Walk On were the Record of the Years in consecutive years.

U2 went early with the single of BD then cause they thought they could win.

This time they held back because they thought they would lose.

'Read what I said' - I have to say that's a very rude way to start any sentence, it shows a lack of class, it's a bit like the difference between Chris Martin (No class) and Bono (Class act) I initially like the Coldplay album but then got sick of it because of Chris Martin. To be honest who gives a shit about awards.

I have identified why U2 have abandoned plans to put out their album this year.

An album which was basically finished in June.

They want as many Grammys as possible.

And this year is a shoe in for the great Chris Martin and his wonderfull band Cold play.

Well done to Cold play.

The greatest band of the year in 2008.

... Why would a band like U2 be afraid of Coldplay?

Coldplay might be good in some people's eyes but they've nowhere near the legacy U2 has. Not to mention the huge amount of die hard fans.

They alone would beat the Coldplay fans with ease, so there's no reason at all for U2 to be afraid. So your identification is hereby falsified.

An album which was basically finished in June.

They want as many Grammys as possible.

And this year is a shoe in for the great Chris Martin and his wonderfull band Cold play.

Well done to Cold play.

The greatest band of the year in 2008.

Stop winding people up!

... Why would a band like U2 be afraid of Coldplay?

Coldplay might be good in some people's eyes but they've nowhere near the legacy U2 has. Not to mention the huge amount of die hard fans.

They alone would beat the Coldplay fans with ease, so there's no reason at all for U2 to be afraid. So your identification is hereby falsified.

:applaud:

Let's see where Coldplay are in 30 years time! Whilst I can't deny X&Y is a good Album, they are not in the same class. Let them keep nipping on U2's ankles sure! They will never surpass U2

Members of Coldplay have made no secret of their ambitions to become U2, the self-proclaimed world's biggest band. " But the tide is turinnig the way of Cold play with U2 refusing and scared to release their new album through fear it is not good enough or new enough.

CHARISMA

Singer Chris Martin is the quiet, shy type but it works for Gwyneth, so who are we to criticize?
Bono: Even a pope might be hard-pressed to rival Bono when it comes to world-wide fame.

CREATIVITY

Viva la Vida sounds like Coldplay's answer to U2's "Joshua Tree."
"How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" sounds like U2 trying to revisit past glories.

SALES POWER

Promoters say Coldplay is worth 35,000 to 50,000 tickets here -- a budding stadium act.
(U2) the biggest post-Rolling Stones draw in rock.

FUTURE

Young, hungry and with the songs to back it up, Coldplay's coronation appears imminent.
Peerless on stage, U2 is in retro mode -- another "Achtung Baby!"-style reinvention is in order.

Coldplay - on the way up to the top.

U2 - swimming in quicksand.

Bottle Bono: Do you not get the idea of this site? It's about U2? Why do you keep going on about Coldplay? Yes they are a great band, yes lots of people like them, but alll you are trying to do is rub people up the wrong way, so give it a break. Actually ignore that, keep going on about it and get yourself banned!

By the way you write so much like Jick who used to be around here a few years back, uncanny..

They've said nothing about their ambitions. Only mr Martin has. If I remember correctly he said that his voice at the time of X&Y was about the strength of Bono's voice around... war/uf era?

if there's ONE thing Chris Martin is NOT, it's quiet and shy. He's arrogant and obnoxious more like, from what I've heard and seen. Then again I'm not a coldplay fan, so what do I know :shrug: Bono is a selfish asshole too, so yea...

You can't compare Viva and Bomb, since Bomb is NOT U2's new record. That's comparing The Joshua Tree with Viva la vida.

Since when is sales all? U2 COULD sell out any venue they enter, yet they still do stadium tours. And even then, tickets in like, dublin and amsterdam were sold out within 30 minutes. Haven't heard coldplay doing that yet!

We don't know what the future holds, but for now we can't compare the two. All we can do is be patient and see what the new U2 Album brings.

Till then, I'll enjoy being a U2 fan, and perhaps you should move to a Coldplay forum if you like them so much more and if all you can do is bash u2 and their fans.

Yes, you have identified the real reason behind the album delay, I congratulate you. You seem to have supernatural powers and know so much more than everyone else here.

You sound like a broken record. All you can do is go on and on and on about your strange theories.

Btw, I have links to some Coldplay message boards. If they are the better band for you and you love their album so much more than U2's work, why don't you just go over there?

Wait ... maybe BB IS Chris Martin? :hmm: That would explain the constant U2 comparisons.

Members of Coldplay have made no secret of their ambitions to become U2, the self-proclaimed world's biggest band. " But the tide is turinnig the way of Cold play with U2 refusing and scared to release their new album through fear it is not good enough or new enough.

CHARISMA

Singer Chris Martin is the quiet, shy type but it works for Gwyneth, so who are we to criticize?
Bono: Even a pope might be hard-pressed to rival Bono when it comes to world-wide fame.

CREATIVITY

Viva la Vida sounds like Coldplay's answer to U2's "Joshua Tree."
"How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" sounds like U2 trying to revisit past glories.

SALES POWER

Promoters say Coldplay is worth 35,000 to 50,000 tickets here -- a budding stadium act.
(U2) the biggest post-Rolling Stones draw in rock.

FUTURE

Young, hungry and with the songs to back it up, Coldplay's coronation appears imminent.
Peerless on stage, U2 is in retro mode -- another "Achtung Baby!"-style reinvention is in order.

Coldplay - on the way up to the top.

U2 - swimming in quicksand.

If anything Viva la vida has just proved how desperate Coldplay are to rival u2 and failed. Answer to JT my arse.

Coldplay getting attention is very natural. They just released an album that has received mostly positive reviews, they have songs in the charts and started a successful tour. Before that, Coldplay hadn't released anything for years and there were even rumours of the band breaking up, Chris Martin said they might never release anything again and so on.

U2 haven't released anything this year, so how should they get more attention than Coldplay? Next year will be a U2 year again. :rockon:

There's a theory that U2 fans are jealous of Coldplay getting more attention than U2. :shrug:

Impossible. U2 get more attention than the second coming of Jesus every time they come out with something. I couldn't care less if Coldplay gets alot of attention, which they do.

Coldplay's mistake has been: not keeping their influences/intentions to themselves. You love U2 so much and want to be like them? Great. Don't go around saying it and then copy them and expect respect from people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom