Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Possible similarities to Achtung Baby's tracklisting (?): GOYB being NLOTH's Fly - similar positioning on the album; Moment of Surrender is billed as this albums One -both track 3; NLOTH kicking the album off with a bit of rock a la Zoo Station; the "ballad" Cedars of Lebanon being NLOTH's Love is Blindness.....

People. We won't have an album for another ten or so weeks. Do we really need to get so worked up about the names of songs?

Geez, if this keeps up, by the time NLOTH actually comes out, most will have already decided its place amongst the U2 album pantheon and "know" the exact characteristics of each song... only to be proven completely wrong.

Amusing to see people using the acronyms already... :huh:

Not keen on the track-name changes, specifically Crazy Tonight to the longer version.

Fez - Being Born isn't tickling my fancy either.

People. We won't have an album for another ten or so weeks. Do we really need to get so worked up about the names of songs?

Geez, if this keeps up, by the time NLOTH actually comes out, most will have already decided its place amongst the U2 album pantheon and "know" the exact characteristics of each song... only to be proven completely wrong.

10 weeks?!?!?! FUCK!

40 days until its out in Japan... you almost gave me a heart attack!

A possibility (albeit a very, very distinct and improbable possibility) is that Fez-Being Born is indeed two songs, and that "Being Born" is Mercy in some form, or at least a similar lyrical twist. I'm talking about the outro to Mercy, "I am alive, baby I'm born again and again..." etc.

I thought the same thing when I saw that title; it looks like two songs merged together. It could be something similar to Snow Patrol's "The Lightning Strike," which is three songs put together. Or it could just be one song with an unusual title.

I don't like the name "Stand Up Comedy," but it's not much more ridiculous than "Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car."

Whilst I see your point, what would you rather we do? Say "hm, that is fine" and lock the thread?

Discussion is all about different perspectives - if we all agree then we might as well just shut all forums down.

I agree that 'Fez-Being Born' can be a merger of sorts...

and I know some don't want to hear this but we can't rule out M###y being turned into 'Being Born'...

So maybe it's 'One Bird' transitioning into what used to be M###y

What a day, first we have a 30 second supposedly "fake" clip from NLOTH now the tracklisting is revealed and people a continously bitching about the titles! and the album cover. :applaud:

What a day, first we have a 30 second supposedly "fake" clip from NLOTH now the tracklisting is revealed and people a continously bitching about the titles! and the album cover. :applaud:

I think u2.com posted the tracklist to divert everyone from the 30 second "fake clip" thread... :lol:

Whilst I see your point, what would you rather we do? Say "hm, that is fine" and lock the thread?

Discussion is all about different perspectives - if we all agree then we might as well just shut all forums down.

Well, I agree that it's good to have discussion, just that discussion here has a tendency to judge and rank songs and in fact the entire album before having heard even a second of the song, which is frankly ridiculous.

If it stays the way it is though, :up:

Yeah, U2.com has been slightly updated. The opening images are a few NLOTH images (randomly selected, I guess), and there's a link at the bottom of the intro page that is the cover art.

"White as snow" is propably Winter, as it's about a soldier in the snow of Afghanistan... btw what a terrible name...

I agree that 'Fez-Being Born' can be a merger of sorts...

and I know some don't want to hear this but we can't rule out M###y being turned into 'Being Born'...

So maybe it's 'One Bird' transitioning into what used to be M###y

Of course, if it is actually M***y then it'll be just about unrecognisable anyway, or just a lyric that has been carried over. No chance of the M***y we already have actually appearing.

We wait almost 5 years for the the fucker and that's that!
I can't wait for Stand Up - with Comedy or Not - it must be foooking big! :up:

Back
Top Bottom