Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A possibility (albeit a very, very distinct and improbable possibility) is that Fez-Being Born is indeed two songs, and that "Being Born" is Mercy in some form, or at least a similar lyrical twist. I'm talking about the outro to Mercy, "I am alive, baby I'm born again and again..." etc.

I quite like the album cover, I think it's the best they've done since AB, and I'm all for no band and no words on it. Why is everyone so annoyed with the 2 bars? That's what makes it interesting and more than just a picture of an horizon--there is an genuine artistic take on it, and to my taste it's a beautiful one.

The song titles are also quite good, although I liked Winter, Every Breaking Wave and Tripoli a bit more (and probably some of these are the same songs). For sure though one of these songs did not make it to the album and hopefully we'll hear it somehow.

For me, I'm not so much glad that the first single is not the first song on the album, but rather the fact that the first single isn't on the first half of the album.

hahahaha...well I'm very excited, don't get me wrong...pretty much everything is looking good now except for a few illogical, really weird titles....and they're just titles.

Seriously though, what kind of song gets the name Stand Up Comedy...

...and like somebody already said...how do you make the decision to extend Crazy Tonight, an already just OK song title, and transform it into one of the shittiest titles ever....even worse, it's basically just the line out of the song now.."I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight" ...I just don't understand how Bono, Adam, Larry, and Edge, and the producers and the entire U2 camp, could possibly think like this....in such an illogical way....it just makes zero sense to be honest :shrug:

I obviously differ with you and some others around here, but probably a good many song titles taken out of complete context sound weird. And quite frankly, as long as the content of the song is good, I don't care what they call it. Each song could be identified by a number or a pictorial code for all I care - if I enjoy the song, that's all that matters.

(IMO, bitching like the others doesn't make one cool - for what it's worth, I used to think your enthusiasm was refreshing :) )

Didn't they start the album in Fez, Morocco with Rick Rubin?

Maybe "Fez - Being Born" is somehow a reference to the beginning of this album even though the Rubin material was shelved.

Rubin was never involved in the Fez sessions. Only Eno/Lanois.

Did anyone else notice that Lillywhite is credited as a producer, alongside Brian and Danny?

I'm really curious what the band's thought process is sometimes. If you consider the whiteboard video considerably recent, then we just saw last second changes to 3 song titles. They must be obsessed with changing things just as the album is ready to press.

You think some of these song titles are bad? How about, say Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World, or Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk, or Miracle Drug, or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb for that matter?

We'll get used to it.

DITTO...they shit songs????I think NOT!

No, they worked with Rubin in London.

And Eno and Lanois in Fez.

Well if they started with Eno and Lanois in Fez it could still be a reference to the start of the album since they aren't using the material from the earlier sessions with Rubin.

And quite frankly, as long as the content of the song is good, I don't care what they call it. Each song could be identified by a number or a pictorial code for all I care - if I enjoy the song, that's all that matters.

That's how I feel, I wish I could care so much about the titles.:huh:

I quite like the album cover, I think it's the best they've done since AB, and I'm all for no band and no words on it. Why is everyone so annoyed with the 2 bars? That's what makes it interesting and more than just a picture of an horizon--there is an genuine artistic take on it, and to my taste it's a beautiful one.

There is an album cover thread.

No band, no words=winner

Actual line on the horizon :down:

Two bars ?????

The lack of color :down::down:

But it's alright. Certainly more important things in life to worry about.

ATTENTION!!!

Can we just settle this right now once and for all...

"Fez - Being Born" should be abbreviated as F-BB and not FBB. Am I right? Anyone disagree?

Not sure if someone already cross referenced with Gavin's board (since this thread is moving so fast) but so far I've got this,

1. No Line On The Horizon 4:11
2. Magnificent 5:44
3. Moment of Surrender 7:12
4. Unknown Caller 6:06
5. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight 4:16
6. Get On Your Boots 3:25
7. Stand Up Comedy ??
8. Fez – Being Born 5:58
9. White As Snow ??
10. Breathe 4:42
11. Cedars Of Lebanon ??

Can someone fill in the blanks?

one change

Maybe Fez - Being Born is the song with bird sounds from there that was mentioned... Fez being just the reference of the intro...

ok as much as i like watching people bitch, i do need some sleep, its been an entertaining night and i will be interested to see what i will wake up to in 6hrs time.
goodnight god bless. i am soooo tired

Back
Top Bottom