Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The two bars in the middle of the album artwork is very tacky. Don't like it at all.

I'm not to keen on a few of the album titles. IGCIIDGCT, White As Snow, Fez - being born.. WTF :huh: and where the hell is Tripoli :mad: I was so looking forward to hearing Tripoli. I'm a little disappointed.

For all you know it's still there just with a different name. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened right at the end of a recording session.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything that's already been said but my opinion is that those lines are place holders. My base for this opinion is that they suck. The U2 in the corner is a copyright thing for u2.com. They didn't say this IS the album cover. They said "the album cover artwork is an image..." so they'll prob throw the title up there.

I also don't get why they'd lengthen the title. Seems silly. From a design standpoint, in comparison to the rest of the titles on the album, the artwork will look a bit off.

I thought i read somewhere in one of these threads that the single will be on iTunes UK the monday it gets played.

I'm curious about the Fez- Being Born and not being Fez (Being Born). You generally don't see a dash like that.

Regardless... I'm FIRED UP!!

it wasnt in uk i think it was somewhere like finland, im hoping that the single gets released on monday but seroiusly doubt it looking at feb 9th earliest really

Maybe Fez is one song and Being Born is another (A double song track)...... a la Coldplay´s Viva la Vida :hmm:

Ohh...I see now that someone else point that first :(

For some reason, "Fez - Being Born" reminds me of a Pink Floyd song title. Also, I think "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" will grow on me as a title, even though its a pain in the arse to type.

I think "I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight" is soooooo much better than "Crazy Tonight." Anyone and everyone could and has written a song called "Crazy Tonight," but only u2 could write; "I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight"

I'm guessing Tripoli is probably the bonus track?

Not sure if someone already cross referenced with Gavin's board (since this thread is moving so fast) but so far I've got this,

1. No Line On The Horizon 4:11
2. Magnificent 5:44
3. Moment of Surrender 7:12
4. Unknown Caller 6:06
5. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight ??
6. Get On Your Boots 3:25
7. Stand Up Comedy ??
8. Fez – Being Born 5:58
9. White As Snow ??
10. Breathe 4:42
11. Cedars Of Lebanon ??

Can someone fill in the blanks?

Whatever happened to your unbridled enthusiasm? :( Being on this site with the cynics knocked it out of you, didn't it? :madwife:

:wink:

hahahaha...well I'm very excited, don't get me wrong...pretty much everything is looking good now except for a few illogical, really weird titles....and they're just titles.

Seriously though, what kind of song gets the name Stand Up Comedy...

...and like somebody already said...how do you make the decision to extend Crazy Tonight, an already just OK song title, and transform it into one of the shittiest titles ever....even worse, it's basically just the line out of the song now.."I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight" ...I just don't understand how Bono, Adam, Larry, and Edge, and the producers and the entire U2 camp, could possibly think like this....in such an illogical way....it just makes zero sense to be honest :shrug:

I may be alone here but I'm not a fan of an instrumental being on the album.

I'm sure stand up comedy isn't meant to be taken in the literal sense.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything that's already been said but my opinion is that those lines are place holders. My base for this opinion is that they suck. The U2 in the corner is a copyright thing for u2.com. They didn't say this IS the album cover. They said "the album cover artwork is an image..." so they'll prob throw the title up there.

:up: I'm with you on this one.

Even if it is in fact a giant equal sign, I'll get over it. I'm more concerned about how it sounds than what the cover looks like or what the song titles are.

Heck, even the HTDAAB cover didn't bother me that much.

You think some of these song titles are bad? How about, say Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World, or Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk, or Miracle Drug, or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb for that matter?

We'll get used to it.

Didn't they start the album in Fez, Morocco with Rick Rubin?

Maybe "Fez - Being Born" is somehow a reference to the beginning of this album even though the Rubin material was shelved.

Guys anyone think Fez - Being Born could mean it's really two songs moulded together? I have no clue obviously but it's something to consider

Maybe it could be another long 6+ minute track?

Yeah, SUC really does sound badass, I can never believe anyone would make such a title, THATS RISK TAKING FOR YA!!! :hyper:

A perfect title for a swagerring and groovy rocker (yes my opinion on the title is changing)

Didn't they start the album in Fez, Morocco with Rick Rubin?

Maybe "Fez - Being Born" is somehow a reference to the beginning of this album even though the Rubin material was shelved.

Wow... there's an interesting thought. But in Fez they already were with Eno/Lanois.

I thought it began quite a while ago ....like years ago!:doh:

Well, I was just making it official. :wink:

Everybody's a fucking critic...unreal

I know!
Complaints about past song titles being too lovey-dovey and that they should be subtle and unique.

Now we see these great titles like Cedars, Fez, Magnificent etc, and still complaints.
Can't friggin win :doh:

What sort of titles would people prefer?

Now i can :drool: about U2 doing a song called Cedars of Lebanon... it might bring tears to my eyes. Lebanon lives in my heart! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom