OFFICIAL - New Album Delayed Until 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is still a good chance for a 2008 release. As others have suggested, the Q article may well be old info, a month or two old, and there have been no reports of U2 going back into the studio to make any changes. Instead they've been on holiday.

Also, the last video on U2.com is called 'Final Drive' which perhaps indicates the end of the road for these little video clips, and making way for the major announcement. We should also consider that in wanting to use Product Red as a way of releasing the music, the timing of an announcement would have to tie in with the launch of the new download technology.

Anyway, we may only have to wait another 2-3 weeks to be sure what's going on. If the album is to be released in 2008, the November issue of Q would very likely have a major article on the new album, with the review in the Dec issue.....at least this is what has happened in the past.

Sounds like once again they'll throw out great material that only dedicated fans will find, and release something more derivative that music fans will belittle... come on, where's the voice of reason... don't repeat the mistakes of your last two albums, both of which feature great songs but the best ones were left off.

way to sneak in a mercy reference without mentioning mercy :hi5:

If the album were truly coming out this year, then there would have been buzz or rumors about the first single, and some eyewitness reports of the video being shot and the album photoshoot taking place. It's already September and too late in the game for the rumors to just start surfacing.

...qg

If the album were truly coming out this year, then there would have been buzz or rumors about the first single, and some eyewitness reports of the video being shot and the album photoshoot taking place. It's already September and too late in the game for the rumors to just start surfacing.

...qg

We've already heard word that Anton shot a video. We've already been told the title of the single...

...qg

they did the video with Anton Corbijn

Maybe the biggest band in the world is going pull off the biggest suprise in the world..

If the album doesn't make it out before Christmas, I HIGHLY doubt it will be out in January. If there are enough problems with the album to keep it off the November shelves then I'm afraid an extra month and a half is NOT going to do it. Added to this is the fact that 3/4 of U2 are big family men with kids to hang out with over Xmas vacation. If its not November, then its at least March and even more likely May because that seems to be a decent market time.

The above analysis actually only reaffirms my belief that they will get it out in November or die trying.

Upcoming CD Releases

Metallica - Sep 9th
Oasis - Oct 7th
Keane - Oct 14th
AC/DC - Oct 20th
Snow Patrol - Oct 28th

...Which leaves November entirely open.

Come on, guys. "Rumblings"? You're getting worried over unspecified sources and rumors based off of a statement made in an editorial comment? Come on. At least be afraid over something that could possibly be real.

...Which leaves November entirely open.

Come on, guys. "Rumblings"? You're getting worried over unspecified sources and rumors based off of a statement made from an editorial comment? Come on. At least be afraid over something that could at least possibly be real.

When "Solar" was delayed, it started off with "rumblings" that the band didn't feel comfortable releasing what they had. Plus, we still have nothing official. If the album was coming out Nov. 18th, we should have had something official by now.

My guess is early March 2009.

When "Solar" was delayed, it started off with "rumblings" that the band didn't feel comfortable releasing what they had. Plus, we still have nothing official. If the album was coming out Nov. 18th, we should have had something official by now.

My guess is early March 2009.

Again, by "official", you mean news from U2.com, correct?

Personally, I'd like another tidbit or two from sites not run by college undergrads who McGuinne$$ apparently thought were U2 fans at the time. We've already gotten a number of said tidbits (such as the title of the single, release date, and about 5 song titles), but that's not good enough for you.

Again, by "official", you mean news from U2.com, correct?

Personally, I'd like another tidbit or two from sites not run by college undergrads who McGuinne$$ apparently thought were U2 fans at the time. We've already gotten a number of said tidbits (such as the title of the single, release date, and about 5 song titles), but that's not good enough for you.

no, i mean "official" from band's record label, which normally releases the information waaay before U2.com.

the tidbits are definitely not enough for me considering that we had concrete news released in mid August last time around and now in September we're still scratching our heads over whether or not the album will come out this year.

no, i mean "official" from band's record label, which normally releases the information waaay before U2.com.

the tidbits are definitely not enough for me considering that we had concrete news released in mid August last time around and now in September we're still scratching our heads over whether or not the album will come out this year.

How is this not concrete news? Where do you think our current sources are hearing this stuff from? The band has confirmed the titles, and Bono has commented that the album is one of the most COMPLETE they've made. Why on earth would they want to rework it now?

Confirmed tidbits > Confirmed rumors. Period.

3 months before the supposed album release seems a little too early for a video shoot...

3 months before the supposed album release seems a little too early for a video shoot...

Releasing a single two months before the supposed album release seems a bit early as well, but that's what everyone is expecting. :shrug:

How is this not concrete news? Where do you think our current sources are hearing this stuff from? The band has confirmed the titles, and Bono has commented that the album is one of the most COMPLETE they've made. Why on earth would they want to rework it now?

Bono is always flapping his mouth and pushing rhetoric to promote new music. His statements should be taken with a grain of salt. He was just commenting on his impressions from the recording process anyway.

The Product Red digital music service is scheduled to start this month. I would be amazed if they didn't use new U2 to get customers to sign up......I still confident that we'll see the new album November 08.

UGGH.

Someone make them stop!

It seems like they do their best work before they defang and declaw it in "revision mode." Native Son is so much more alive than Vertigo, Xanax and Wine is amazing and Fast Cars is just okay. Too much time in the studio and they can turn a great album into a mediocre one.

So delaying the release doesn't necessarily mean a better album; it just means more time in the studio second guessing themselves...

Bono is always flapping his mouth and pushing rhetoric to promote new music. His statements should be taken with a grain of salt. He was just commenting on his impressions from the recording process anyway.

Most complete album = comment on the recording sessions themselves? :huh:

well if you consider that concrete news, then i guess we now have concrete news that the album has been delayed until 2009.

Most complete album = comment on the recording sessions themselves? :huh:

Well, yeah. Why would that confuse you?? Clearly he has been involved with the recording of each track and has an understanding of how the album is coming together. His impression/rhetoric is that the album will be their most "complete."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom