OFFICIAL - New Album Delayed Until 2009 - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #76
The Male

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2girl View Post
http://forum.interference.com/f196/a...ry-188920.html I thought I saw that January 2009 tidbit before...
So either:

A. Bono is too fat for the album to be released

B. U2 suddenly hates their work after months of hyping up how it's the best thing they've done in ages

C. None of the above, but the album will still be released in 2009 because they just enjoy fucking with us

D. The album will be released in 2008, on schedule

Now.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:33 PM
for the record, i definitely want this album in November. i just have a real bad feeling that a lot of peope are going to be dissapointed when we find out it's next March or something.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #78
Refugee

Local Time: 12:33 AM
How bad would it be if they released it next november! I dont think i could take that!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 08:33 PM
The bottom line is: we are not sure that the album will be delayed, but we are not sure that won't. So the only thing that we know for sure that HTDAAB was released in 2004!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #80
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:33 AM
We also know for sure that ATYCLB was released in 2000 and that Bono is the lead singer of U2.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #81
Refugee

Local Time: 12:33 AM
It would seem really strange that after talking this album up big time,all of a sudden there not happy with it!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
So either:

A. Bono is too fat for the album to be released

B. U2 suddenly hates their work after months of hyping up how it's the best thing they've done in ages

C. None of the above, but the album will still be released in 2009 because they just enjoy fucking with us

D. The album will be released in 2008, on schedule
E. They're talking about song selection. "trying to put it all in a cohesive collection" sounds like track selection is happening.

Interesting that two separate newspapers said "2009" (and now a reputable and one of the biggest U2 sites) and that after being told "October/November 2008" and even after a video shoot we have this media silence on U2's organisation part, and it's already September. Something doesn't add up.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #83
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2girl View Post
E. They're talking about song selection. "trying to put it all in a cohesive collection" sounds like track selection is happening.
If you trust an interview from July for up-to-date information...

Now.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #84
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyOnTheHorizon View Post
The bottom line is: we are not sure that the album will be delayed, but we are not sure that won't. So the only thing that we know for sure that HTDAAB was released in 2004!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
We also know for sure that ATYCLB was released in 2000 and that Bono is the lead singer of U2.
Hear, Hear! Now this is what I call good solid evidence
Old 09-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

I trust Edge. Just because the recording itself may have been finished since that doesn't mean they have settled on the mixes and singles and track selection and the track order on the album.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #86
Refugee

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by super fly guy View Post
It would seem really strange that after talking this album up big time,all of a sudden there not happy with it!
We are not happy because there is nothing more to talk about.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #87
War Child

Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJones26 View Post
I think there is still a good chance for a 2008 release. As others have suggested, the Q article may well be old info, a month or two old, and there have been no reports of U2 going back into the studio to make any changes. Instead they've been on holiday.

Also, the last video on U2.com is called 'Final Drive' which perhaps indicates the end of the road for these little video clips, and making way for the major announcement. We should also consider that in wanting to use Product Red as a way of releasing the music, the timing of an announcement would have to tie in with the launch of the new download technology.

Anyway, we may only have to wait another 2-3 weeks to be sure what's going on. If the album is to be released in 2008, the November issue of Q would very likely have a major article on the new album, with the review in the Dec issue.....at least this is what has happened in the past.

There's one way to find out...Edge is walking the red carpet on Friday in Toronto for the movie he's in......someone in the Toronto area who is a fan and is planning to be there should ask him point blank about the new album ...the end of 2008 or early 2009?...and tell him not pull a HTDAAB
Old 09-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #88
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill27 View Post
There's one way to find out...Edge is walking the red carpet on Friday in Toronto for the movie he's in......someone in the Toronto area who is a fan and is planning to be there should ask him point blank about the new album ...the end of 2008 or early 2009?...and tell him not pull a HTDAAB
IT'S FOOL PROOF!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #89
The Male

Basically, the only information we have to go on about a 2009 release is a lack of information about a 2008 release from U2.com. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence, audible and otherwise, that supports the album being finished and more or less ready to go. The band is out of the studio, the videos are either done or being worked on, the single has been chosen, and now all we have to wait for is an official date. If that's not good enough for you, then I have no idea what to say.

Now.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
for the record, i definitely want this album in November. i just have a real bad feeling that a lot of peope are going to be dissapointed when we find out it's next March or something.
i've been sharing your pessimism all along.