OFFICIAL - New Album Delayed Until 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've written 40-50 new tracks but wont release any of them!
They can easily release a double compilation album next year.

When else are we supposed to hear all this new material? U2 better not retire and keep all this new material under lock and key.

Honestly, if they really had 100 songs after the ATYCLB sessions and we only ended up getting 11 (or 12 if you count Ground Beneath..), then I can't see this being a double album.

Why would anyone say we want this to be our year when they mean only the end of it? That makes no sense. If it's your year, you're talking about album and tour...

Plus he says, "nearly ready", "and while they now know what shape most of the album will take", "we know we have to emerge soon"...

I'm telling you this along with Edge's comment of "Trying to weave it all together into a coherent collection is the challenge", it just came down to two maybe three tracks that they are not settled on...

No one is scrapping shit or starting over...

:up: It's obvious from the clips we have at least 4 great songs. They are not going to get rid of it.

They are doing what I remember Coldplay was doing for their album. They are writing more songs and improving other unfinished songs so they have more to choose from. If they read this board at all they know they have a huge expectation from the audience to fullfill and they can see the opportunity within their grasp. Why not take the opportunity to make the best album you can?

I think the people who want U2 to fall flat on their face are angry that they won't get a chance to boo them this fall and will have to wait until early 2009 and "shock against shock" it's a great album they have to attack.

It's bad enough that U2 could make a bad album but it's worse that people WANT it to be bad.

:up: It's bad enough that U2 could make a bad album but it's worse that people WANT it to be bad.

Or that no matter how good is turns out to be, people will still say it sucks because their brain won't let them think otherwise. :|

I'm still convinced that if Achtung Baby did not come out in 1991 and, instead, was the next album U2 release, numerous people who currently praise it would not do so simply because they cannot accept that the current U2 could produce such an album.

anyway, enough of that....so....wtf did Final Drive mean....what does any of this mean now...are we going to get u2.com clips for the next 5 months or something?

That's obvious. It meant it was the final drive before they announced they weren't releasing the album in November and all hell was going to break loose on the internet.

Let me say: If the album comes out in Jan09 or March09 or whatever, that would be awesome; break up the monotony of the Fall release/holiday cash in.
Plus, that time of year (Jan-March) sucks anyways, so it would be super cool to have the album then.

But...I can easily see this sliding back...and back...and then finally them just saying screw it, Nov09 it is. I sincerely hope not, but it's not an impossible thought. We were in the same boat in sept03, hoping for a Nov03 release....and we know what happened.

No on is picking up my point that if they're still writing, it could take months just to get one song recorded, much less a few more songs......hence, Jan09 is out of the question. Hell, I'm going on record saying right now that Jan09 is OUT.
March? Maybe. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom