OFFICIAL - New Album Delayed Until 2009 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #61
The Male

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
well if you consider that concrete news, then i guess we now have concrete news that the album has been delayed until 2009.
Wrong. There's no source here. A presumed one, but no names of any kind have been given, and the band themselves have denied it from months of talking up how fantastic their work has been.

Again, these rumors suspiciously began following an editorial comment made in Q magazine that was sporting an article with information from July. Not only is that not concrete, they haven't even planned to put a sidewalk there yet.

Now.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:00 AM
I was under the impression "complete" meant their most cohesive and tight album.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #63
Refugee

Local Time: 11:00 PM
As i said in another thread... I'M BORED!!!!. Now with the prospect that the album could be delayed i'm pissed. U2 keeps their fans in the dark. It's not enough for us to wait for four years for a new album.... we have to wait at the last minute to get info!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #64
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airseven View Post
Well, yeah. Why would that confuse you?? Clearly he has been involved with the recording of each track and has an understanding of how the album is coming together. His impression/rhetoric is that the album will be their most "complete."
Depends on your definition of "album", really. If an album is a collection of finished songs, then I'm correct here. If it's a set of unsequenced, presumably unfinished songs that he's putting together in his head and giving an impression on, then you're correct. However, he said it IS their most complete, not "will be" or "could be", so I think your interpretation of the quote is incorrect.

Now.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #65
War Child

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Depends on your definition of "album", really. If an album is a collection of finished songs, then I'm correct here. If it's a set of unsequenced, presumably unfinished songs that he's putting together in his head and giving an impression on, then you're correct. However, he said it IS their most complete, not "will be" or "could be", so I think your interpretation of the quote is incorrect.
I think you're reading waaaaaaaay too much into these off-the-cuff quotes.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Quote:
Wrong. There's no source here. A presumed one, but no names of any kind have been given, and the band themselves have denied it from months of talking up how fantastic their work has been.

Again, these rumors suspiciously began following an editorial comment made in Q magazine that was sporting an article with information from July. Not only is that not concrete, they haven't even planned to put a sidewalk there yet.
that's debatable. Many of the sources saying the album WILL be out this year are "reliable sources close to the band."

you're picking and choosing the information that supports your argument. i'm just trying to make sense of everything we have gotten so far, which leaves me highly doubting that we'll have a new album in 2008.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #67
The Male

Quote:
I think you're reading waaaaaaaay to much into these quotes.
It's all we have for the moment. I think it's a more productive use of time reading into quotes from the band than reading into "rumblings"/rumors.

Now.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Again, these rumors suspiciously began following an editorial comment made in Q magazine that was sporting an article with information from July.
How do you know that the information in the Q article is from July? Just curious, I must have missed that in one of these 400,000 threads we have here in WTAHNN.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #69
War Child

Quote:
It's all we have for the moment. I think it's a more productive use of time reading into quotes from the band than reading into "rumblings"/rumors.
I agree that the delay rumours seem to be bred from overanalysis. But you can't use Bono's silly quotes as a source to say otherwise. That's all I'm saying. I mean, are you expecting this to be U2's most radical album yet fully equipped with dancefloor shock??
Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #70
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
How do you know that the information in the Q article is from July? Just curious, I must have missed that in one of these 400,000 threads we have here in WTAHNN.
Mostly because of a blurb about a future Bloc Party album in the corner...one that was released about three weeks ago.

Now.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #71
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Sounds like once again they'll throw out great material that only dedicated fans will find, and release something more derivative that music fans will belittle... come on, where's the voice of reason... don't repeat the mistakes of your last two albums, both of which feature great songs but the best ones were left off.
I gotta say that's what this sounds like to me

ETA: IF it's true at all
Old 09-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyOnTheHorizon View Post
As i said in another thread... I'M BORED!!!!. Now with the prospect that the album could be delayed i'm pissed. U2 keeps their fans in the dark. It's not enough for us to wait for four years for a new album.... we have to wait at the last minute to get info!!!!
I'll say it again: We haven't been waiting for four years. The "waiting" for a new album starts when the tour for the previous album finishes. Elevation tour finished in December 2001, Bomb was released in November 2004, so we waited just under three years. Vertigo tour finished in December 2006, and the album is about to come out in November 2008. That's less than two years.

They are ahead of schedule.

People are only basing their expectations on how things went with the ATYCLB and Bomb releases, but their promotional habits weren't always the same before that(hell, in the 90s they shunned playing on TV shows to promote albums) and since the band themselves as far back as the 2006 grammy awards said that they felt the thread of ATYCLB and Bomb was over and that they were ready to move on again, maybe that also INCLUDES the way they promote/release their new material.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:00 AM
http://forum.interference.com/f196/a...ry-188920.html I thought I saw that January 2009 tidbit before...
Old 09-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #74
The Male

Quote:
I agree that the delay rumours seem to be bred from overanalysis. But you can't use Bono's silly quotes as a source to say otherwise. That's all I'm saying. I mean, are you expecting this to be U2's most radical album yet fully equipped with dancefloor shock??
Oh, I would never trust him to describe his music properly. But I don't think he's dense enough to think that his band's album has been sequenced, mixed, and mastered when it hasn't.

Now.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Mostly because of a blurb about a future Bloc Party album in the corner...one that was released about three weeks ago.
Word.

That Bloc Party album kicks ass by the way.