Official Countdown to VERTIGO single release..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
11 days until Vertigo!! Hellz yeah!

Enough of all the BS in rock. Linkin Park and Jet and all these crap bands have had their fun. Now it's time for the champs to re-enter the arena.....It's U2 TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go VERTIGO!

alright that's it! No more bullshit reports of it being leaked because it's NOT going to be leaked at all! Vertigo will be delivered to radio stations on the 24th September 2004.
8 more days till VERTIGO! WOOOOOOO!!

GO VERTIGO GO!!

thank heavens !! radio stations can now throw in Vertigo into their rotations along with the latest mandy moore and ashley simpson :huh:

ramblin rose said:
So by this time next week we'll all have heard the song. Less than 7 days.

Unless you're going on stupid frigging holidays.

*grumbles*

damnit guys I feel like it's a one man army over here. This is the official countdown as empowered by myself. Now start counting! :wink:

4 damn days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VERTIGO GO!!

Last edited:
I'm with ya man, I'm with ya. 4 days to long in my book! Where's my clip U2.com!

I think the video's due in October, mid-October at the latest I'd expect.

IT'S NEARLY HERE! THREE SLEEPS AWAY!

And I'm not going on holidays any more, woo!

I've literally been telling everyone at school "GUESS WHAT HAPPENS FRIDAY YOU GUYS?!?!!?!?!?!" they think I'm nuts :D

4 days man...less than that really... I can't wait :hyper:

A_Wanderer said:
Yeah whats the offset, do we have to wait until Saturday? how does this work - timed release?

The lucky buggers in America get it Thursday night thanks to us having Friday before them. It's being hand-delivered Friday morning to radio stations in Auckland, NZ. I'm unsure about the procedure in Australia, but whatever the case, we'll be hearing it first.

I mentioned this earlier in the "Dave Fanning" thread but it was announced last night that he would have the world exclusive this Thursday between 6pm & 7:30pm GMT. This is the Irish DJ that gets all the U2 exclusives. Now he normally plays these exclusives early on in his show, say 6:30pm GMT at the latest. That would mean the east coast of the States would be able to hear it around 1:30am their time Thursday morning. You do the maths for Austrailia please.

So by Thursday night we should have Vertigo sitting on our hard drives then eh!

Last edited:
Rabidlamb, I think your maths is slightly off.

6-7:30pm GMT on 23/09 is in the early afternoon on the east coast of the US. I'm 95% certain the time difference is five hours. Therefore, I give you the following times, which are either exact or pretty close;

6:00-7:30pm 23/09 GMT
1:00-2:30pm 23/09 East coast of the US
3:00-4:30am 24/09 East coast of Australia
5:00-6:30am 24/09 New Zealand

I, for one, will be up and recording.

RABIDLAMB said:
Oooops. Sorry. I mixed up am & pm for the States.

Heh, that's alright, I spent a little while figuring those differences out for myself to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom