OFFICIAL: COLLECTOR'S EDITION (Official Cover)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cover

MaxFisher said:
They typo makes me think that perhaps it is not legit.

this is definitely "legit"
the typo is just in the body of the retail onesheet.. someone was probably rushing it and missed it.. it can happen.

now, the cover.. it doesnt' say anywhere that this IS the cover.. so I will agree with that.. but it's pretty customary in the retail world to put the cover with the onesheets, so we will have to wait and see

this is the retail onesheet for the limited edition
the email actually said that it was left out of the original new release book so that's why they emailed it out. So, it's safe to say that retail has the actual regular onesheet too, which I guarantee you has the coverart on it.

onesheet

btw: it's not uncommon to see mistakes on a onesheet, esp the first time it goes out.. I've done it before too..

we rely on people inhouse to proof read and sometimes they miss it as well.. everyone is so busy, it's easy and usually the type of software used by art directors to make onesheets doesn't have spell check on it.

someone will notice this and fix it I am sure. Simple mistake. But definitely a mistake!! :)

cover

speculation on my part.. u2.com, label or management probably asked them to, b/c I am sure they want it to be on u2.com first

I suspect if they distributor is sending this out, then u2.com will have to be putting something up real soon.

why would a promo thing have a bar code on it?

I think this is just photoshopped out of boredom on someone's part.

I agree with david. It's not the cover and I doubt this thing is real at all.

It seems like U2.com, though late with info in the past, puts stuff up on the site shortly after it reaches the public; song titles, album name, etc. If this were the real cover, which it certainly still could be, i find it odd that they wouldn't post something on the site about it. Doesn't really fit their MO in recent weeks.

Cover

you doubters are just freakin' hilarious.. :laugh:

you have anything better to do than to overanalyze this?

accept it, this is an official onesheet.

this is not photoshopped out of bordom. But I agree that the first time I saw this photo, I thought it was photoshopped.. (go back and look at my posts if you don't believe me)

I did not believe it was the cover/official photo or anything of the such.. and thought it was a complete fake..

but I know where this came from and can tell you, it's official.

this came from Universal Music & Video Distribution.. so it's not a fake. Deal with it.

I can see now that I will need an entire day for all of this limited edition to sink in. At least 3 entire plays of the cd. 2 1/2 hours alone. Add the dvd and the book. This could be 3 hours in itself. And then you add any combination of the two. dvd + book. cd + book. cd + dvd (why the hell not! :wink: ). I am going to have to book the time now. :yes:

It seems a bit expensive at $99.98 (bottom right hand corner).

And so I understand, we are getting:
CD
CD+DVD
CD+DVD+book+hardcase
CD with bonus "Fast Cars" from Japan
vinyl
CD single 2 track (Vertigo)
CD single 3 track (Vertigo)
DVD single (Vertigo)
....and no doubt some form of promo 12" vinyl

I'm off to see my bank manager :huh:

I'm convinced Amazon is trying to drive us further into the looney bin. :crazy:

The thing that's bothered me the most about this ad sheet is the street date listed as 11/29. ~um?

Back
Top Bottom