Official: Beautiful Day = Labour's election song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afc1903

Babyface
Page 9 In today's sunday times. DISGUSTED

This should never be allowed. U2 have said that they haven't given permission, but they are not doing anything to stop it. So i am afraid U2 have gone against another principle and are now supporting political parties.

The song will never mean the same to me now. I hope they don't play it at hampden, becuase it will sound shit and just remind me of tony blair.

Band spokesman: 'If there was an official request we we would say no, so we say don't ask'

What a shocking attitude!!!

There is no way that Keith Richards or Noel Gallacher would ever let this happen, yet U2 sell out at every opportunity.

NOT HAPPY :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :(

Last edited:
afc1903 said:
Page 9 In today's sunday times. DISGUSTED

This should never be allowed. U2 have said that they haven't given permission, but they are not doing anything to stop it. So i am afraid U2 have gone against another principle and are now supporting political parties.

The song will never mean the same to me know. I hope they don't play it at hampden, becuase it will sound shit and just remind me of tony blair.

Band spokesman: 'If there was an official request we we would say no, so we say don't ask'

There is no way that Keith Richards or Noel Gallacher would ever let this happen, yet U2 sell out at every opportunity.

Get over it, there's nothing U2 can do to stop the track being used. It would also balls up Bono's working relationship with the Labour Party. Why is it "selling out"? Are they making vast sums of cash? You are being way too sensitive.

One more reason to drop out this overhyped/ overrated/ overplayed song from this new tour
:eyebrow:

bono's relationship with blair is not important.

Bruce Springsteen stopped Reagan using his song, so bono can easily do the same.

afc1903 said:

Would this be the same Keith Richards who sold his songs to Budweiser, Microsoft, chevrolet etc, etc??

U2 aren't endorsing anything, nor are they saying anything against it. By doing nothing, they remain neutral. Good on them.

And "sell out"? WTF? Don't he stupid.

correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't the rolling stones the first band to have a corporate sponsored tour? if any of the people mentioned in this thread are sell outs, it's the rolling stones. (not saying i think they're a sell out, but they're more of a sell out than U2 who aren't even making money from this.)

why do people get their knickers in a twist over things like this? i've seen people get furious over something like an anti-U2 article. is it that difficult to just ignore something?

I'm still hoping the Tories will come to their senses and use 'Discotheque' as their election song. Having them all line up to do the Boomcha could do their image a world of good.

;)

BD is a song about a person who has lost everything but still finds happiness in life. This is like Jeb Bush using "Miami" for his Florida reelection campaign.

CBS played Streets to the background of a montage of Kentucky's basketball season today. ESPN loves to use U2 songs at every juncture...hell, they even write great reviews about U2's music. So now U2 endorses Kentucky and ESPN...bastards!

:wink:

beLIEve said:
This is like Jeb Bush using "Miami" for his Florida reelection campaign.

Is that true?

If so, i'm sure he put alot of time and thought into choosing his campaign song...

:slant:

'selling out' was the wrong words to choose cause the stones do have just about anything sponsored.

But there's no way they would have their songs used for some political party.

beLIEve said:
This is like Jeb Bush using "Miami" for his Florida reelection campaign.

:lmao: I can just invision the film clip of Jeb, George W and George Sr walking down the beach, with Jeb uttering those famous words...

Miami....My Mammy!!!

To which George & George Snr reply... bububah bububah!

afc1903 said:

I absolutely adore the Stones' music - it is fantastic stuff. I wouldn't give up listening to them for the world, and I don't think I could.

Regardless... the question of them "selling out" is, in my opinion, ridiculous. We are talking about a band, brilliant as they may be, who have released nothing new since Adam was trotting round Eden in nappies (with the singular exception of Bridges to Babylon), but still insist on rolling their behemoth tour mosnter out at the drop of a hat. Which has nothing at all to do with netting a few more million quid here and there?

:eyebrow:

They also sued the Verve for Bittersweet Symphony's sampling of the drum loop from The Last Time. Fair enough. Did Jagger sue for a share of the royalties? No - he sued for the whole lot - and won, quite unfairly to anyone with ears.

Any talk of the Stones NOT selling out? Null and void.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom