ODD moments in U2 history.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
I only started this thread because I love this smily face :huh:

I keep getting these when I post.

Anyway, there have been some odd moments in their history that have deserved this :huh: . Not necessarily bad, but weird in a U2 way that we are all used to and love

My favorites:

When he takes out that chick in the UABRS video and spins and spins her in slow motion. That was :huh:

The funky sounds about one minute after the end of "the wanderer" in Zooropa. :huh: Maybe this has an answer that I am unaware of.

What the hell does Bono say before "HMTMKMKM" during POPMART mexico. IT sounds like he drank some Drano or something. but it was funny and :huh:

After reading the drug thread, I was reminded that the Edge discovered the secrets of the universe whilst tripping on shrooms... and spoke them into the battery cover of a tape recorder :huh:

In the Pompart HMTMKMKM, Bono says, **coughcoughhackhack** FUCK THIS

how about that JT show where Bono shouts at the crowd to stop whislting? that was kind of :huh:

and also the Popmart and ZooTV performances of WOWY :huh:

and CFYT :huh:

I think that for this thread to go on adequately posters must provide detailed stories as to why, how and when and what reactions they caused. :cool:

Carry on now,

...oh and: :huh:

> and also the Popmart and ZooTV performances of WOWY

Nothing wrong with those WOWY performances. Sydney Zoo TV WOWY is amazing. On the other hand, 1st leg Elevaton WOWY is terrible. They did work it out later in the tour though. Slane WOWY is pretty cool.

i think it was during mofo , was it ?
anyway , there is a line from the song
" i'm still a child , noone tells me nooo "
that's what he refers to , i think

Bono playing Mcphisto thing... (what was he thinking, he's not Gene Simmons)

I don't like it at all, it's kind of boring, and pretencious; but yeah, it's Bono, so, no one tells him 'no'...

Ok...another Popmart video question of :huh:ness.

There's a part (I forget the song) where you see Bono in the audience yelling "Give it to me" and then saying "Asshole" with a very mad glare. Who was he yelling at?! :huh:

starsgoblue said:
Ok...another Popmart video question of :huh:ness.

There's a part (I forget the song) where you see Bono in the audience yelling "Give it to me" and then saying "Asshole" with a very mad glare. Who was he yelling at?! :huh:

yeah...at the end of LAOE...I think someone in the crowd either had a joint or a cigarette and bono motions him to give it to him, and when he does not, bono calls him an asshole.

see, now if he did that to a member on this board, he'd be in trouble.:wink:

The Lemon
:huh:
Bono giving somebody the fingers on the Boston DVD
Bono's mumbling during some songs
Bono saying Bitch Bitch Bitch during a BTBS performance from when i dont remember.............................
:huh:

JOFO said:

yeah...at the end of LAOE...I think someone in the crowd either had a joint or a cigarette and bono motions him to give it to him, and when he does not, bono calls him an asshole.

see, now if he did that to a member on this board, he'd be in trouble.:wink:

Where did you get the joint or cigarette idea? Can you see that in the video? :scratch:

A lot of the Rattle & Hum movie, I think that deserves two :huh: :huh: .

Like Edge said, you watch some of it and think "who are these people?"

RademR said:
A lot of the Rattle & Hum movie, I think that deserves two :huh: :huh: .

Like Edge said, you watch some of it and think "who are these people?"

Correction: you think "this is the greatest rock band in the world at their absolute peak."

I tend to think "at their most pretentious"

But, that said, I love Rattle and Hum for the live performances. It's the documentary stuff that kills it for me. It's transparent to me.

exactly, the music is amazing, the performances are great, but the documentary stuff is :huh: . Some of it is alright, but a lot of it pretty bad

On the Popmart video Bono before EBTTRT begins Bono is saying some stuff in Spanish...I don't know Spanish so I have no clue what he is saying. I think it is right after he says, " I'm a little guy, but you make me feel so big." I have asked so many people what he is saying, but I guess that noone knows. :shrug: All I know is he is doing something with his hand below the waist at the same time and he looks very proud of himself...like he had just said something funny, so I am like....wtf are you saying. I mean we all know Bono isn't the best at Spanish, so he probably got it all wrong.

I think the weirdest thing was when Bono was w/ those Japanese hookers during Zoo TV in Tokyo, I had to process that a few times b4 i culd think it out

I'd have to agree with the Rattle and Hum moments...like when Larry perfectly imitated Adam's hand movements.

The Slane DVD. So much about that...like when Bono says, "All I want is fucking you, man" to the guy who throws water on him.

Back
Top Bottom