October appreciation thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I think wertsie will like this one...

Hooray! I recently completed my collection of all the studio albums by purchasing this fine sophomore effort. The album kinda grew on me over the past few days. I must say it took a little more time than Boy, my last purchase. October is such a fascinating album! Its got pretty much everything: The fast tempo and youthful innocence of Gloria, Rejoice, With A Shout and Is That All; beautiful melodic songs like October and Tomorrow and the mid tempo ones like the awesome I Fall Down, Stranger In A Strange Land and Fire. Scarlet is amazing too with Bono's shout out over Larry's drums. I Threw A Brick... is nice but took me the longest to get into. Man, I love this album now. Will be listening to it everyday until I get bored of it. :)

P.S: The piano on the title track is heavenly :love:

unnamed_streets said:
I think wertsie will like this one...

Hooray! I recently completed my collection of all the studio albums by purchasing this fine sophomore effort. The album kinda grew on me over the past few days. I must say it took a little more time than Boy, my last purchase. October is such a fascinating album! Its got pretty much everything: The fast tempo and youthful innocence of Gloria, Rejoice, With A Shout and Is That All; beautiful melodic songs like October and Tomorrow and the mid tempo ones like the awesome I Fall Down, Stranger In A Strange Land and Fire. Scarlet is amazing too with Bono's shout out over Larry's drums. I Threw A Brick... is nice but took me the longest to get into. Man, I love this album now. Will be listening to it everyday until I get bored of it. :)

P.S: The piano on the title track is heavenly :love:

Oh, I know! I love the piano in that song. It's so beautiful. I understand that's Edge playing the piano...anyone ever tell him he's a good pianist? Plus, that song just totally describes the month of October...perfect for a chilly, cloudy fall day (which are days we've been seeing a lot of recently here in Iowa).

I like this album, too. "Gloria" is cool, and "Fire" and "With A Shout" and all that.

One of my absolute favorite songs from that album is "Tomorrow". I love the way the chorus is sung, and I like the music in the song...sounds very Irish-oriented. I really like that song.

Some of those songs, like "I Threw A Brick..." and some of the faster songs along that line, sound like they could easily have been on the "War" album as well.

I really like U2's very early stuff. They've got some really cool early songs. And this album's got lots of good stuff from those days.

Angela

I love this album! I've rediscovered it in the past year or so. Gloria was always my second favorite U2 song, after Two Hearts, but the rest of the album is nearly as perfect as Gloria. October alternates with AB and UF for my second fave U2 album after JT.

Oops, I just noticed 2 other threads from the past on the same topic...:uhoh:

eh..what the heck, I'm reminding people about how underrated and beautiful this album is! :)

Ppl, feel free to discuss the songs again.

And the trees are stripped bare....

I love this album, as well. The title track is one of the most beaufitul songs U2 has ever done.

I can't listen to Gloria, I Threw a Brick, Is That All? and Stranger in a Strangeland anymore; but I think Fire, Scarlet, October, Tomorrow, and I Fall Down are excellent tunes

Back
Top Bottom