October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
Is Gloria the only song worth listening to on October? I like that song but i'm lazy so i'm not listening to the album.

Rejoice, I threw a brick...., Scarlet are all great. Hell, give the whole album a listen.

I always thought that if you loved Boy, who can you not at leats like October?

Me, I think they are U2's two weakest albums with high and low points.

I Threw A Brick Through A Window=my fav track along with Gloria and October.

In Boy I like some more songs...

I will follow, an cat dubh, out of control, stories for boys, electric co.

not a masterpiece but more cool than October IMO

00Kevin said:
Is Gloria the only song worth listening to on October? I like that song but i'm lazy so i'm not listening to the album.

Absolutely not! Tomorrow, Rejoice, Fire, I Threw a Brick, and I Fall Down are all great songs. IMO the second half of the album is not as good, but it is definitely worth getting.

The whole album is fantastic! Absolute brilliance. People are better off NEVER asking if they should listen to October here because the album then falls victim to a load of crap like 'it's the worst album' and the person who asked ends up having a warped opinion of such a good record and avoids it until he's listened to the rest of their albums, some of which are CRAP compared to October.

Gloria
I fall down
I threw a brick
Rejoice
Fire
Tomorrow
October
With A Shout
Stranger in a strange land
Scarlet
Is that all

Those are the best ones of the bunch. :wink:

Don't wait till October to listen to it! Go do it now from start to finish!!!

on october, bono sings more passionately than on any other album, which is reason enough to enjoy it. his delivery may lack the intricacies of later albums, but his energy is amazing.

I really like the first half of the album, until October, the rest is boring

October and the trees are stripped bare of all they wear. What do I care? October and kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall, but you go on (and on!).

Back
Top Bottom