Ocean's 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majid23

Acrobat
I've been away from the forum for a while and am not able to search, but has anyone seen Ocean's 13?

There's a part when Lionus is reading a letter and he says "Like the band says, two hearts beat as one." Am I hearing things or did he say that? Sorry if this has been covered before or if I'm going delusional.

Yes he did say that, and whether he was referencing U2 or not I cracked up at it.

It makes perfect sense for a movie to reference a little known U2 single from the early '80s.

Really, it does.

It is entirely possible that a writer is a fan of the War album, and snuck the reference into the film as a veiled tribute. It has probably happened on many other occasions. Take the floating pig in Children of Men, although that was slightly more obvious.

i saw the movie oceans 13

and i noticed this as well

immediatly, in my head i heard
"i can't stop the dance"

so i find this thread valid, it ensures my (relative) sanity in knowing

that i was not the only to notice.

cdisantis83 said:
It is entirely possible that a writer is a fan of the War album, and snuck the reference into the film as a veiled tribute. It has probably happened on many other occasions. Take the floating pig in Children of Men, although that was slightly more obvious.

That was a great reference though. Theo's cousin was purchasing priceless works of art and he bought the Floyd pig. That's fucking classic. :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
It makes perfect sense for a movie to reference a little known U2 single from the early '80s.

Really, it does.

lol

It's not really farfetched...If one of the writers/producers, etc. likes U2 and they had to write some sort of poetry, why wouldn't they put something like that? It's just a little line in the movie...Doesn't make or break it...Just a little fun with some lyrics.

Anyways, watch the movie...I have it on DVD and just double-checked it. You'll hear the reference.

"Like the band said, 'two hearts beat as one'." If you find another band that said that or any other way it makes sense, let me know...Thanks.

majid23 said:

"Like the band said, 'two hearts beat as one'." If you find another band that said that or any other way it makes sense, let me know...Thanks.

no way... because everybody knows Bono invented lyrics...

you fail

majid23 said:

lol

It's not really farfetched...If one of the writers/producers, etc. likes U2 and they had to write some sort of poetry, why wouldn't they put something like that? It's just a little line in the movie...Doesn't make or break it...Just a little fun with some lyrics.

Anyways, watch the movie...I have it on DVD and just double-checked it. You'll hear the reference.

I can see it happening, but I still think it's unlikely.

You have it on DVD? I'm calling the MPAA. :wink:

I saw it yesterday (we skipped wog school and went to crown to see it :lol: :wink ) and I heard that and I just jumped up in excitement... then I realised no one would get it :(

Well it's more understandable that audiences wouldn't get that one, but most didn't even get the line about Rusty settling down and having a couple kids at the end :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom