Obscure but appropriate questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jon Seidman

The Fly
At the end of my UK issue Boy cassette is a bit of music, some rough guitar tracks from Fire, which of course appeared later on October. What is the story behind this? Why is it there? Who had the idea to put it there? Is it available in digital format anywhere?

Also...the funky October mix on the They Call It An Accident soundtrack. I have it on vinyl but is it availble in digital format anywhere?

Also, I had a leather jacket in 1987 that was by the brand "U2 Wear Me Out". Was there any connection between that brand and the band of the same name?

Come on folks? Are we stumped here? These are good questions. Musical curiosities. I am sorry if everyone is boycotting me for my plastic surgery thread (34 replies and counting thank you!) But I really want to know these answers and who else can I turn to? Especially about the musical bit at the end of my Boy cassette.

Didja know Adam flubbed a bass line in Love Rescue Me? Probably. He's still cool though.

At the end of my UK issue Boy cassette is a bit of music, some rough guitar tracks from Fire, which of course appeared later on October. What is the story behind this? Why is it there? Who had the idea to put it there? Is it available in digital format anywhere?

That piece of music is also on the vinyl of Boy. No idea why it's there. And it's not legally available in digital.

Also...the funky October mix on the They Call It An Accident soundtrack. I have it on vinyl but is it availble in digital format anywhere?

Nope, don't think so.

Also, I had a leather jacket in 1987 that was by the brand "U2 Wear Me Out". Was there any connection between that brand and the band of the same name?

Again, I don't think so. U2's (merchandising?) corporation is called Not Us Ltd. so I think that U2 Wear Me Out was some fake brand.

:)

At 3:10, for a few seconds you can hear just a cymbal being tapped, while presumably Larry fumbles around for another stick.

:hmm:

interesting, thanks :)

Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have effected the song much at all. It sounds like those eighth notes on the cymbals were all that was meant to be played anyway (with only one hand/stick as well :giggle:)

Are there any other little mess ups or weird things that have happened in the studio versions of any U2 songs? I'd be interested if anyone is aware of anything. Thanks. :)

I know there's something Larry does in the beginning of TUF, but I don't hear it, I just hear him clicking his sticks to count in the guitar/synthesizer or whatever that is...and then he counts in the drums like 20 seconds later....It doesn't really seem like a mistake to me :shrug:

I know there's something Larry does in the beginning of TUF, but I don't hear it, I just hear him clicking his sticks to count in the guitar/synthesizer or whatever that is...and then he counts in the drums like 20 seconds later....It doesn't really seem like a mistake to me :shrug:
He starts to count in too early then says "Oh shit, I'm sorry."

There's also a moment in Heartland between lines where it sounds like Bono coughs away from the mic..."See the sunrise over her skin (cough) She feels like water in my hand"

They were a real brand and I had a cool winter coat that I got in 1986/7. I kept the coat for many years, until eventually, the coat wore out. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom